not a bad ride this sunday!

Matt the Tester
Matt the Tester Posts: 1,261
edited June 2011 in Road beginners
147 miles i done this sunday!

went right up towards Wray and through the Trough of Bowland Twice! up jubilee hill twice (for those of you who know it!) through scorton and through into Wray after we done countless hills... ended up doing TWO cat two climbs when we discovered the cafe we were due to stop at was closed! at that point when we actually got to our cafe we had done 80 MILES! hell thats usually a ride in it's self for me WITH a cafe stop! but stopped for 20 mins got a bite to eat and headed off again knowing it was going to be painful heading back to the nightmare which is the Trough! back up jubilee up the steep side this time! 14% avg and it's 3 miles long.

was feeling pretty good by the time we got back to Scorton but still taking it easy at 18mph (thank god for the tailwind that day!) and by the time we hit preston a few of the guys were flaking, understandable after 130ish miles eh? lol! once we got through penwortham put the hammer down and shot down the Tarleton bypass at 30mph, feeling quite good not realising what speed we were doing! untill we slowed down and a fellow rider told me

summerisation = EPIC DAY! what a day for a bike ride!! biggest ride i have ever done and very proud! cant wait for the bill bradley ride with SouthportCC now!!
Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
north west of england.

Comments

• bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Epic - but just one question, I've never heard of a 2200ft pass in NW England?
    14% avg and it's 3 miles long.
    (3 miles at 14% = 2217 feet ascent)
  • "back up jubilee up the steep side this time! 14% avg and it's 3 miles long."

No, it's not you little fibber.
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    Also 'cafe we usually Stop at was closed, so stopped for a bite to eat ?! Also 'taking it easy at 18 mph', after all those miles! Thought this was road beginners section not future tour contender section ;):)

edit: see what you meant about cafe now.....
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Also 'cafe we usually Stop at was closed, so stopped for a bite to eat ?! Also 'taking it easy at 18 mph', after all those miles! Thought this was road beginners section not future tour contender section ;):)

edit: see what you meant about cafe now.....

Awww, come on. 147 miles. That's worth a bit of shameless bragging. Mind you, it was a group ride so equivalent to about 53 miles solo :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • It's bloody great round there in nice weather. We normally set off from Blackpool up towards Lancaster over the Wyre river and then branch off towards the Trough, then make our way up and over and sometimes do Beacon Fell on the way back for our food stop.
  • Matt the Tester
    "back up jubilee up the steep side this time! 14% avg and it's 3 miles long."

No, it's not you little fibber.
    well that's what i was told, besides the point anyway, epic ride ;)

LMAO Rolf F, yea it felt like it mate ;)

your right abit of bragging BUT im VERY pleased with how well i felt :)

and im already contending the tour just waiting for my EPO and i should be back in the papers! hehe, didnt know where else to put it :D
    north west of england.
  • lucan
    lucan Posts: 339
    Didn't you post something similar a while ago and then admit it wasn't actually true?

8)
    Summer: Kuota Kebel
    Winter: GT Series3
  • Matt the Tester
    err NO? i don't see why anyone would lie about going for a ride? sure it's the internet and EVERYONE lies? :roll:

grow up.
    north west of england.