Gore Mitts

gbsahne001
gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
edited June 2011 in Commuting chat
Bought a pair of these last year

2i6feqq.jpg

With less than 1 seasons use they are now going to be consigned to the bin, as the stitching has failed and they're generally falling apart.

When approached Gore state, " A seasons use is quite typical from a glove
and this appears to be the case here"

Of course I've lost the receipt but is it too much to ask for a pair of mitts to last longer than 6 months?

Comments

• spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    mine were in perfect condition again this season after buying last year. however i lost one hand so i bought a new pair.
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    spasypaddy wrote:
    mine were in perfect condition again this season after buying last year. however i lost one hand so i bought a new pair.

Surely no need for a "pair" then?
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    My Aldi Mitts are into their third year...of course many people do more in one year than I have done in 3.......but that is Gore off my list at least!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • spasypaddy wrote:

Should have tried the second hand store. :?

+1 for Aldi / Lidl mitts. Cheap enough to be considered disposable but last well.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy wrote:

you're right but decided a pair was better than one.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Are you suggesting there is something for a pair - In this game?

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • They say 2 heads are better than 1, but I'm glad I've just got one - imagine for instance the helmet debates we would have if we all had 2 heads!?!. I do however have a couple of extra chins. :oops:
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    I got two pairs of "washable gel mitts" in late 2009

They are still going strong, they are the only mitts I have- but I wear full finger gloves in winter. I do 10,000 miles+ each year

You can get them from
    http://www.inmotionproducts.com/

current cost is 13.55 per pair, they are available in various colours, they have thick palm padding and are "warm" for a mitt

I have had various other mitts in the past but these are best. Most disappointing mitt purchase were the Assos ones. They were fabulous EXCEPT they have almost no padding
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    spasypaddy wrote:

what would have been really annoying would be losing a hand and the opposite glove. :D

*Apologies for our insensitive jokes if you really have lost a hand, rather than just had an inexact message wording issue
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    I swear by the leather Knog Love-Hates I ride in - perfect condition after almost two years. And they fit like a glove.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • spasypaddy
    t4tomo wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:

what would have been really annoying would be losing a hand and the opposite glove. :D

*Apologies for our insensitive jokes if you really have lost a hand, rather than just had an inexact message wording issue
    haha no i have both hands thankfully and three gloves!
  • spasypaddy wrote:

So I expect now you'll be wanting someone to give you a hand?
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy wrote:

baboomtush
  • 7 years for some altura mitts I have.
  • motopatter
    motopatter Posts: 179
    7 years for some altura mitts I have.

got some altura gel mitts still going (although getting a bit ragged) after a couple of years
    wave your willy here !!!! :)
  • godders1
    godders1 Posts: 750
    I bought a new Gore gilet recently to replace an old one that I was really happy with (the old one was just always slightly on the small side).

The new one cost almost double what the old one cost (bought around 3 years ago) yet the material is more flimsy (and noisy!) and it just feels cheaper overall with a naff net lining (compared to the integrated lining on the old one). And the nicely stitched gore and windstopper logos have been replaced with printed logos (the type that start peeling after a few washes).

I'll probably avoid Gore in the future.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    For some reason I read the title of this thread as More Gits
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    spasypaddy wrote:

Can't help with a hand, but some bloke on here may be selling an ankle. Not sure what its worth though.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!