Extended Commute !

KonaMike
KonaMike Posts: 805
edited June 2011 in Commuting chat
With the weather bieng so great the last few days I have tried to add 3-4 extra miles to my commute in both directions. I have really been enjoying the different routes and would recommend it to anyone who is a bit bored with the same old roads .
I found some really good alternative routes and feel much better for the extra miles in the sunshine too !!!

Comments

• HamishD
    HamishD Posts: 538
    Good work sir! Wish someone could find me an interesting route out of Park Royal :(

The middle of my commute is nice, it's just either end (Europe's biggest industrial estate and Europe's biggest housing estate) that's a bit shitty. Maybe I should just do loops of The Mall/Birdcage walk until I'm dizzy.,
  • king_jeffers
    king_jeffers Posts: 694
    KonaMike wrote:
    With the weather bieng so great the last few days I have tried to add 3-4 extra miles to my commute in both directions. I have really been enjoying the different routes and would recommend it to anyone who is a bit bored with the same old roads .
    I found some really good alternative routes and feel much better for the extra miles in the sunshine too !!!

+1 I can easily add a miles but now I'm looking for something more. My commute is just over 6.5 miles each way, think I have spotted a 9/10 mile route but need to get up early and check it out... tomorrow I think!
  • KonaMike
    Same for me really,my commute can be as little as 4 miles each way if I take the direct route.It was enough when I first started out but I have slowly increased it to about 12 miles a day,5 days a week,still not a massive amount but I dont have time for much more .

I try to top the miles up on a sunday if I get the chance !!
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    My commute is 3 miles in and 30 miles back.

You can always find better alternative route if you try hard enough.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • KonaMike
    daviesee wrote:
    My commute is 3 miles in and 30 miles back.

You can always find better alternative route if you try hard enough.

I was thinking of having a big extended commute on a Friday night as I am not so time restricted then . Already looking at route options,lets hope the weather lasts out !
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    Normal commute is 14.5 miles each way
    Summer commute is 16 miles in, 17 back
    Extended commute (Tue / Thur) is 16 miles in, 28 miles back