Comedy names

bails87
bails87 Posts: 12,998
edited June 2011 in The Crudcatcher
I know we've just had a similar thing for businesses, but I've just read this on another forum I go on.
I once spoke to a dude on the phone when I worked at DHL. His name? Ray. Ray Pennybody. Seriously, it was down on the consignee information and everything. As soon as he told me, he said "Yes, I know you're muting the phone because you're laughing, and yes, I hate my parents to this day
". :lol:

Anyone heard anything worse than Rape, sorry, Ray Pennybody?
MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."

Comments

• Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Stop stealing my thread formats you Jew!!! ;)

Not great but I do work with a Cliff Edge

I also went to school with a turkish guy called Youseff Isalm, no not Islam like Cat Stevens, Isalm

Another not so great, although I'm a Derry now, I was born a Webster
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    Gazlar wrote:
    I was born a Webster

sideways.
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    I few in the past that I have know from my work dealins...

Helmet Weiser
    Annette Kurtain
    Richard Stroker....yes Dick Stroker
    Uhart Kuntz
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    the lady in our office is called

Cinammon Swirl - and thats no joke!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Gazlar wrote:
    Stop stealing my thread formats you Jew!!!
    That's rich, coming from you.

I've met several "Richard Head"s by now. Surely their parents must have known what they were doing?
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    Does anyone know of a "Ava Goanna"
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • bails87
    My mum used to work with a Theresa Green, Ray Pennybody is still amazing though. What kind of parents would ruin a guys entire life for a bit of comedy?! Bravo to them!
    MTB/CX

• Gazlar
    Gazlar wrote:
    Stop stealing my thread formats you Jew!!!
    That's rich, coming from you

what have I nicked? I've ruined and butted in where I wasn't required with consistent regularity oh and repeated the same thread months after I posted one, but I'm not aware of stealing a format.

I stand to be corrected but if you can prove it I will just deny it
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I didn't say you had done the same. I said that complaining about nicking a thread idea was rich coming from the likes of you - the type of person who gets jealous about, and ruins other people's threads.
  • Gazlar
    I didn't say you had done the same. I said that complaining about nicking a thread idea was rich coming from the likes of you - the type of person who gets jealous about, and ruins other people's threads.

Ahh, I see, I wasn't being jealous, I was having a bad mood day, which is rare for me, i rarely get seriously cross, I was just not having anyone tell me what to do that day, but also attempting to be light hearted about it in approach. Oh and the argument about football, that was just effing about, I love lower league football simply because we don't take ourself as a following too seriously.

In any case, I apologise for sullying your thread
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Phil McCraken...
    Old headmaster was called Richard Payne... yep we called him dick pain.
  • wordnumb
    wordnumb Posts: 847
    Amegashitsi is a far more common surname than you'd imagine.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    The newest bod at head office with a pointless job title is Paul Cockaday.

Worked before with a Hugh Janus, went to school with a girl named Gay Times.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Oh and forgot the funniest teacher name ever - Richard Feeler. He shortened the first name to Dick
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • cazmotron
    cazmotron Posts: 161
    went to school with a guy called Ewan Kerr.
    apt name :lol:
    Attention all planets of the Solar Federation - We have assumed control.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Slightly less rude was a bloke in our Istanbul office called Fatih Berk. It really was not easy to keep a straight face when I phoned the office and asked to be put through :D

Here's another Turkish one, though probably an urban myth:
    Mustapha Kunt
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Worked on a oilrig in the gulf of mexico with a yank of chinese origin who was called Thomas Fat Dong. He couldnt understand why all these limey assholes just fell over every time we saw his name badge.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • I work with a chap called Chris Cakebread.

One of my mates is called Mike Drinkwater.
  • freeagent
    freeagent Posts: 98
    had an email at work the other day from a chap from Finland caleld Ville Honka... made us laugh...
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    When I worked in the U.S. I attended a meeting presented by a Randy Pratt. I must admit the UK contingent sniggered... unfortunately the sniggering got much louder when we provided a helpful translation ('Horny Dickhead') for our US colleagues
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    Worked with a Fiona kinghorn, not so funny in itslef but her computer logon was fkinghorn.
  • Gazlar
    In other name related news, Walsall fc, the saddlers have just signed Mat Sadler.

Thought that would interest you all
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • cazmotron
    cazmotron Posts: 161
    In my old hell desk job I was creating an AD account for a new user in the Indian finance dept with the name Adeep Phuken. Due to the naming convention the log on ended up as PhukenA. laughed at that one for a while
    Attention all planets of the Solar Federation - We have assumed control.
  • moster
    moster Posts: 121
    My wife is a nurse and has kids in her clinic called Versace McLatchey & Santiago McLafferty.

I also remember playing golf with my mate at a course that backs onto a pretty rough scheme in Edinburgh. We walked up to the next tee and there were twin brothers aged about 5 mucking around on it so we were trying to get them to move. The next thing their mum shouts over the fence "Clark, Kent get away from there" I was laughing so hard I could hardly hit my next shot!
    When you hear hoofbeats, think of horses, not zebras.
  • tom_howard
    tom_howard Posts: 789
    I used to work for a share register and some of the names on there were priceless, and true as a share certificate is a legal document. These are the best ones I can remember.

Seema Butt
    Chris P Bacon
    Henry Shaw-Twilley
    David Forskin (actually had to call that guy!)
    about a dozen Richard Heads and loads of other Richards with unfortunate surnames
    Ivor Muff
    4 (really) Johan Sebastian Bachs
    lots of double names, Tom Thomas, Alan Allen, Richard Richards etc

and a few from since then

Drew Peacock (parents didnt realise until 4 months after the christening...)
    Wayne Kerr
    Jack Wier
    Jack Hunt (Played for Huddersfield Town, not sure where he is now)
    Nick Stead (oh really, my condolences...)
    Also had to do a bit of work for a customer, Mohammed Ali.
    Once asked a guy for his surname and first initial, (face to face) and with a certain amount of anger in his voice, no doubt from the years of abuse, he replied with 'Dick, initial, A'. How i didnt get internal bleeding from keeping my laughter inside, ill never know.

Went to school with

Philip Schofield (was waaaay younger than he of This Morning fame)
    Emma Roys (guess what extra letter we added)

Saving the best for last, I can barely believe this one, from my share registration days so its a true one, or illegal!

Mrs (so shes seen what shed be called and seen no humour, if thats the right word, in it and gone 'yeah thats a good name'....

Fanny Gash
    Santa Cruz 5010C
    Deviate Guide
    Specialized Sequoia Elite
    Pivot Mach 429SL
    Trek Madone 5.2 Di2
    Salsa Mukluk Carbon
    Specialized Turbo Levo Expert 29er
  • dan shard
    dan shard Posts: 722
    I know a Jenny Taylor. Surpisingly since getting married and changing her surname to Taylor, she has started calling herself Jenifer
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    I worked with a guy Called Dick Smallbone a few years back.

His name was bad enough, but IT got him again with his logon ID - smallboner. :lol:
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I went to college with Iona Hoare - never found out if her middle name was 'crack' or 'filthy', I'd like to hope so.

Also knew of a Jonathan Bytheway, which whilst not actually being funny, is just a good surname!
  • bails87
    I've met a Dr Reckless.

"Hello Mr Smith, I'll be performing your neurosurgery today, my name is Dr Reckless".......*chainsaw starts up in the background*
    MTB/CX

• Gazlar
    I've been reliably informed by a friend that we had a carriage cleaner at Soho called Landon N'Dour, you know, where women go and men plunder, can you hear, can you hear the thunder?
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp