Ever wanted to dump your bike in a ditch and walk away?

cycladianpirate
cycladianpirate Posts: 122
edited June 2011 in Commuting chat
I mean forswear cycling for ever and ever amen?

Case in point. I'm hot and bothered. My water bottle is empty and I've still got four miles to go. Get to some lights and I'm pulling up alongside some git in a Ferrari with a blonde bird who must be 20 years his junior - a genuine looker mind you. The 'nice car but you're still a fat git' thought runs through my head but, as the lights turn green, I miss my clip in and end up taking the turn with one pedal going and me wobbling all over the shop.

And I just know the *&%$rd is looking at me in his rear view mirror and laughing...

Or am I being paranoid?

Comments

• Libraio
    Libraio Posts: 181
    Ah well, he'll get a heart atack wile being swreced by said bird...

:D Not helping am I??
    The Commuter: 2009 Trek District
    The John Deere: 2011 Van Dessel WTF
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    Do you have a Ferrari & Blonde hottie in the garage to replace the bike with tho?

You could have tried for the full clipless experience a bit sooner and gone face first into her cleavage, now that would have been a story...
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Do you have a Ferrari & Blonde hottie in the garage to replace the bike with tho?

You could have tried for the full clipless experience a bit sooner and gone face first into her cleavage, now that would have been a story...

I thought that WAS going to be story!

Imagine my disappointment.... :wink:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Never mind - he's old and fat but you'll always be a cyclist

Hmmmm - that sounded better when I thought of it
  • Twostage
    Twostage Posts: 987
    I was once coming down a steep road off the moors and I caught up with a red open top porshe with a similar couple (old bloke with young blonde). I thought "if I overtake this bloke it is not going to end well" so I braked and kept behind. A few moments later he clocked me in the rear view mirror and his eyebrows went so far up with surprise I could see them from behind. He put his foot down and sped off. He really did not want to be burned off by a push bike did he ?
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Keep the bike and buy a Ferrari.

The tottie will follow - and you will be fit not fat.

Sorted! :P
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • richVSrich
    richVSrich Posts: 527
    Twostage wrote:
    I was once coming down a steep road off the moors and I caught up with a red open top porshe with a similar couple (old bloke with young blonde). I thought "if I overtake this bloke it is not going to end well" so I braked and kept behind. A few moments later he clocked me in the rear view mirror and his eyebrows went so far up with surprise I could see them from behind. He put his foot down and sped off. He really did not want to be burned off by a push bike did he ?

not even if you had gone past and waved a cheery morning / afternoon / etc?? perhaps give him a thumbs up and wink? haha :P

when i get the feeling to not ride my bike and get PT (london) in, i realise how much i miss it...and altho i dont get busses / drive in london last night on the way home there was a massive tail back - at least 3 miles long...i was pretty smug on my bike :)
  • dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 290
    uh huh... heres a thing... i dont have money, i drive a vaux corsa (automatic), and ride a bicycle. I'm rapidly approaching 40. My other half is slowly approaching 25.

Score!
    B'Twin Sport 1
    FCN 7 =4, +2(non cycling clothes) +1(beard)
  • getprg
    getprg Posts: 245
    This thread has cheered me up no end.................................can't think why?

Must be a sad b.............d
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    dcurzon wrote:
    i drive a vaux corsa (automatic)

Own Goal!
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 290
    t4tomo wrote:
    dcurzon wrote:
    i drive a vaux corsa (automatic)

Own Goal!

lol

i usually describe it as tiptronic :D but bottom line is its an auto...
    B'Twin Sport 1
    FCN 7 =4, +2(non cycling clothes) +1(beard)
  • ste_
    ste_ Posts: 124
    The guy in the Ferrari probably drove home to his massive house, had his personal chef rustle up a high carb feast, took his Pinarello out for a brisk 40 miler. 2 hours later was back as he only took in a few massive hills so still had time to jump into his pool to cool off before he had to take the blonde and her younger, prettier sister out for the evening..

Feel better now?