New Ride - Giant TCR Advanced 3 2010.

antster94
antster94 Posts: 66
edited August 2011 in Your road bikes
p4pb6784062.jpg

Yo, new here. Got my brand new road bike, was a steal for £1399. Full 105, carbon frame etc. Getting my first pair of clipless shoes/pedals, thinking 105 ones as you can lower tension? Anyway, more pics on request. :D

Comments

• nice bike! put up a driveside pic :)

one question, how would one go about changing the seat post if it's not a conventional circular tube?
  • antster94
    Thanks man. I'll take one tomorrow, 5 more pics here. No drive side ones, one of derailleur though :P

http://anthonysjb.pinkbike.com/album/Giant-TCR/

Also, not entirely sure. I'll have a look at the manual later.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    edited June 2011
    nice bike! put up a driveside pic :)

one question, how would one go about changing the seat post if it's not a conventional circular tube?

I think you would accept the fact of keeping the seatpost when buying the bike as it is intrinsic to the bikes design, I don't think you would spend nearly £1500 lightly ? :wink:
  • sumitkaria
    sumitkaria Posts: 32
    whats wrong with the seatpost?
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Nice bike. I do like Giant frames. Look at that beefy headtube!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • dmclite wrote:

I think you would accept the fact of keeping the seatpost when buying the bike as it is intrinsic to the bikes design, I don't think you would spend nearly £1500 lightly ? :wink:

like...if it cracks? or something to that extent? just out of curiosity!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    dmclite wrote:

like...if it cracks? or something to that extent? just out of curiosity!

My, you are a little ray of sunshine ? Maybe speak to giant retailer and get one from them ? just to answer your curiouity.

BTW, again, lovely bike mate. :wink:
  • The Spiderman
    The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
    Lovely bike.I was all but set on one of these,myself but the opportunity came up to buy a 2010 Giant Defy Advanced 3 for £800. :)
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • antster94
    Thanks for the comments.

Haven't been here for a while, been riding this beast, clocked up around 300 miles now.

It now has black 105 pedals, another bottle holder, and I've dropped the stem height by placing spacers on top. Really lovely bike.

Also, any suggestions for wheel upgrade? Will probably be upgrading them around Christmas, would rather fancy some carbon ones if some are out there for around £600 for the set, which I doubt :P
  • fosst
    fosst Posts: 45
    Had mine for a while now, clocked up a bit more than 300 miles...very good bike for going fast in comfort. I do find the seatpost to be a pain though, fiddly to adjust as there isn't much to get hold of on the knurled screw (however you can use an allen key on it, but only if you use a cut-away saddle.....I kept with Arione, went for plain black and changed the bar tape for Fizik as well). For an instant upgrade, swap the Lithions for Pro Race 3, you will feel the difference. Keep an eye on the rear mech hanger as they seem very easy to bend.
    Spend your £600 on Dura Ace wheels for a real boost in speed.
  • p4pb6973587.jpg

Updated pic. Bought the 105 pedals a while back but I now have an Elite bottle cage. Really loving the bike, probably upgrading to Continental GP4000S tyres soon.

Also, yeah considering a Dura-Ace wheelset, would be insane.
  • looks gorgeous in white
    shame to get it dirty
  • I keep it clean. :)
  • GoldenBear
    GoldenBear Posts: 120
    Keep the wheels. Nowt wrong with them. Unless it's just for bling/appearance.

Bike looks nice.
  • sweet bike!
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12791582

Got dura ace wheels on mine and they do make a difference, Thinking of getting a nice chunky giant connect stem to finish it off.