My first 77

fludey
fludey Posts: 384
edited June 2011 in Road beginners
completed my first ever 77 miles sportive yesterday in the scorching sun! 4 hours 57 minute, had a target of 5 hours so happy with that. The bug has hit already planning to do it next year but the 112 route.
For some reason today thou I am aching all over, any tips on recovery day off the bike? Or straight back on it?

And for anyone that's thinking of doing one, just do it a great feeling when ya finish it.

Must say the kilo to go event was very well organised and sign posted, they found some very quiet roads as well along the fens :D
Felt AR4
Planet X Pro Carbon 105
MTB Kona Kikapu Deluxe with a few upgrades!!

Comments

• andyoh
    andyoh Posts: 115
    Well done on the 77 miles. We did 74 miles yesterday in 4 hours and 5 minutes and I was rather tired after it due to the heat yesterday. Thankfully I don't ache today as I am used to the slightly longer runs. It was rather hot yesterday and you could still be suffering from hydration issues. You should also make sure you stretch your muscles after a long ride. I'm not riding the bike today but will be on a training ride tomorrow night, only a quick 25 mile ride though.
  • have a decent stretch and get out and spin your legs.....very light and no more than an hour or so. All you want to do is warm your muscles a litle to loosen them off a bit.

Well done on the ride, and you'll never forget your first century ride when it comes :wink:
  • fludey
    fludey Posts: 384
    Cheers, think there could be some thing in the hydration bit been drinking loads yesterday and today!

Can't wait for my next one!
    Felt AR4
    Planet X Pro Carbon 105
    MTB Kona Kikapu Deluxe with a few upgrades!!