Etape du Tour: Dossard number published?

Hi all,

I'm going to be an Etape du Tour first timer on the Alpe D'Huez stage, and I need some help re registration in Valfrejus / Modane.

When I look myself up in the 'runners list' I see my name and registration number, but the dossard box is empty.

In order to register, is this enough? (along with ID and medical certificate), or does the dossard number get published and then you take that sheet with you to register?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    Sorry, they are clearly doing it differently this year. Under "rider level" they say bib numbers will be released in June (obviously not happened yet) once they know the riding level of all entrants.

I assume they will either do registration by the registration number or the will have to get the bib numbers up quickly !
  • Hi,

I was starting to worry too. Expected to see bib numbers in there by now. :?

On the up side, it looks like it is everybody, not just us. ( Search for Smith shows loads of riders, none with bib numbers )

See you one the day :lol:

Tim.
  • Having lost my confirmation email am I OK in just turning up for registration with proof of ID and medical certificate?

Like the rest of you my name is present but not dossard number

cheers
  • usedtobefast
    usedtobefast Posts: 145
    Just checked and the bib numbers are up on the Etape website for Act I - this is getting more real by the day !!
    Trainee BC level 2 coach ... and that's offical (30th June 2013)

Scott Addict R4 (2008)
    Scott Genius MC30 (2006)
    Quest carbon circa 1994 - winter bike
    Fuji Track Comp 2010
  • oh nooooo

My number is in the mid 9000's

Anyone care to guess what time I can expect to be released?

Am I doomed?
  • Mccaria
    Would espect it to take 20-30 mins to get started. The problem may be the first 20km is relatively flat/downhill to the first climb and then its staright into the climb, which could mean for very congested riding.
  • Fogliettaz
    Fogliettaz Posts: 180
    My number is 7601, do they start in numerical order? When is the best time to register Saturday or Sunday?
  • Mccaria
    First day of registration tends to be quieter. However both times I have registered it has been pretty efficient with not a lot of time spent queuing.

Pens are by number. The lower numbers tend to be in quite small pens, ie 1-250, then 250-500. The higher the number gets, so the pens tend to be much bigger and its a first come first served basis, so in a pen of 1,000+ riders, the earlier you arrive the closer to the front of the pen you can get.
  • Phew good post mccaria, you sound like you know what youre talking about :)
    I was getting depressed

What time would you suggest getting to my pen to avoid actually being the last out?
    I am very happy to stand around munching pain au chocs for an hour

Cheers
  • Mccaria
    I try to make up for mediocre cycling ability with spot on logistics :wink:

I have only done the last 2, but on both of these the pens were definitely filling up circa 45 mins before the official start time (don't know what time the earliest arrived). Then everyone hangs around trying to work out if their bladder will hold, before hopping over the pen barriers to piss up a wall of the hosting village.

It is quite an atmosphere as the pens fill up and everyone readies themselves, a lot of nervous tension but it can be quite cool at that time of the morning.