Lost my virginity yesterday

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,300
edited June 2011 in Commuting chat
Rode on blue tarmac for the first time. In spite of living so close I never cycle into town. I did the London Bikeathon with a neighbour yesterday and rode from Ham House to the Thames Barrier and back.
Also the first time I've seen the DLR and the Barrier. I was impressed with the ride, although it did get busy. I was also amazed at the Docklands area. Really nice in places. A huge amount of money has obviously been spent down that way.
The ride went well. Managed the 52 miles in 4 hours and 15 minutes including stops. Considering the route and the number of people I was pleased with that. When we had space trying to keep up with my neighbour kept my speed at a pace rather higher than I would have attempted were I on my own.
Morpeth was shut both times I passed so didn't stop for a drink. Lovely day for it too.

Comments

• You lost your virginity whilst riding a bike through London traffic? Well done, Sir, that's skipping both beginner and intermediate level, in my opinion.

Chapeau.
  • veronese68
    Poorly set up canti brakes can lead to all sorts of issues when riding in a group.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Canti brakes can lead to all sorts of issues when riding in a group.
    Corrected for you, the only thing poorly setting canti-brakes achieves is zero retardation as opposed to vanishingly close to zero retardation......

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • veronese68
    Could you do the brakes too? If only it were so easy...
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    Again? :twisted:
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    You lost your virginity whilst riding a bike through London traffic? Well done, Sir, that's skipping both beginner and intermediate level, in my opinion.

Chapeau.

Joined the Saddle High Club with style 8)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter