Good Morning welcome to the start of a new week

Gazlar
Gazlar Posts: 8,084
edited June 2011 in The Crudcatcher
Morning persons, well I'm up and about and getting ready to start work at stupid o clock. Just fuelling myself up with a bacon and peri peri bbq bagel to fill the void in mah belly.

Pleased to see the Crudstock idea has been initially well received, I'll have more on this soon as I've done some investimigations

Today has in store work, opticians to see why pretty much every contact lens they've sent me in this batch has fallen apart then bank to explain that my money is in the wrong type of savings account and I need to get at it for my jollys in a month and a bit.

Then I have a feeling I shall sleep well tonight
Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
Amy
Farnsworth
Zapp

Comments

• VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning chaps, it seems the perverbial shoot has hit the fan at work over the weekend, but you dont want to hear about that.
    Had a awesome day yesterday, rode Bedgebury forest down in kent yesterday morning, great fun place but quite a short loop, but loads of fun to be had. came home lazed in the pool for a few hours, getting a tan, BBQ and the odd san mig, then found a lizzard in the pool :shock: never seen a wild lizzard in this country?? i scooped him up, he was black and a yellow belly if anyone knows what it was??
    got home, watched recorded F1, then a quick go on the wife before bed. 8)
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Jebus, 1 reply and I'm now on my "lunch" break.
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    Good Morning, got a study day this morning, hopefully it's not too boring but i'm taking read material just incase.

Had a top weekend, just need more sleep!

Have a good day!
  • toastedone
    toastedone Posts: 838
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Morning chaps, it seems the perverbial shoot has hit the fan at work over the weekend, but you dont want to hear about that.
    Had a awesome day yesterday, rode Bedgebury forest down in kent yesterday morning, great fun place but quite a short loop, but loads of fun to be had. came home lazed in the pool for a few hours, getting a tan, BBQ and the odd san mig, then found a lizzard in the pool :shock: never seen a wild lizzard in this country?? i scooped him up, he was black and a yellow belly if anyone knows what it was??
    got home, watched recorded F1, then a quick go on the wife before bed. 8)

Did it look like this?

newt-pic-getty-766205903.jpg

If so it was a Newt.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    his wife?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    morning

Great w.end of sun, bbq & time with kids as the wife was away. Now back to the grindstone for a busy day, but thankfully off tomorrow for sportsday :)
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    Morning all

well the site fracilities guy at work is now the least popular man alive after he has bolted and plated all of the windows shut, you know on one of the only days of the year it might actually be warm, clever that! Douche Bag

rant over

so a nice relaxing weekend was had and now back to work! i have no work to do so i shall be procrastinating and generally waiting for the day to end!

tonights ride will be warm and probably ful;l of flies but it will be nice to get out on the bike.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Copenhagen - mostly full of win.
    The weekend - mostly full of win.
    Clank - mostly full of lurg.

Feelling like s**t! To all posters who are feeling just jim-dandy - I hate you all.

That is <cough cough> all. <cough sneeze>
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Ransaka
    Ransaka Posts: 474
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Had a awesome day yesterday, rode Bedgebury forest down in kent yesterday morning, great fun place but quite a short loop, but loads of fun to be had.
    I keep thinking I should go to Bedgebury as it's only about an hour away but never ridden a trail centre. Good place to break the trail centre cherry for a tubby but getting slightly fitter fit (can managed about 25 miles off road and not feel dead the next day) bloke in your opinion?

Mornin'

Fark me it's hot. Made worse by the fact our office is on the top floor of the building with enough skylights to technically call the floor a greenhouse, ugh.
    Toady is proper healthy eating day for fat boy here, have bananas, oranges,apples, strawberries, cherries, grapes etc.
    Ride home will be great fun having found some nice twisty singletrack at the weekend that I can squeeze into the route with a small drop and some nice rooty bits in it.
    Also, fark me it's hot still.
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    Ransaka wrote:
    Fark me it's hot. Made worse by the fact our office is on the top floor of the building with enough skylights to technically call the floor a greenhouse

i bet you can open your windows though

i want to kill the facilities guy at our place!
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning benders

Revision again today. I'm going to cook my bacons now then go to uni.

Laters.
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    Very hot in Shottingham, 25degs at 8am while I was stood at the bus stop... for once I'm grateful for the very cold air con here on the 9th floor.
    Lots of work to be done, boo.
    Think I've got another date tonight, but he hasn't been in touch since Friday...

and in 24 hours I'll be sat in the waiting room at the Fracture Clinic....the boot is coming off! However this means I'm probably not going to be able to walk properly. What fun.

Laters, gators
    FoxC
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning all, Back to the grind today as others said after a nice weekend.

Rode Afan W2 with some friends on my beast this weekend, that DH tyre is a bit of an effort over the distance, but its really made me realise how much i hate the whites level decent's you have to pedal so hard the entire way because i swear they don't actually go down lol.... Rant over there.

but still cafe is in good order again so food to be had which is a win and it was just nice on a day like that to be out pedaling :)
  • VWsurfbum
    Ransaka wrote:
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Had a awesome day yesterday, rode Bedgebury forest down in kent yesterday morning, great fun place but quite a short loop, but loads of fun to be had.
    I keep thinking I should go to Bedgebury as it's only about an hour away but never ridden a trail centre. Good place to break the trail centre cherry for a tubby but getting slightly fitter fit (can managed about 25 miles off road and not feel dead the next day) bloke in your opinion?
    yeah great place to pop your cherry, nothing too gnarley but gnarley enough to keep you grinning. the two short sharp climbs are a challenge though. i just couldnt do the scond one as its too long and steep for me as i only run a single ring up front.
    toastedone
    Nope it was black with a orange/yellow belly and about 4 inches long?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Maanin ahl. Put in a rare Sunday appearance at Cannock yesterday it was blazingly sunny and mentally hot. Days like yesterday need more than a 500ml bottle of water got through 3 litres and 500ml on the way back. Look like a Swan Vesta this morning.
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    Clank wrote:
    Copenhagen - mostly full of win.
    The weekend - mostly full of win.
    Clank - mostly full of lurg.

Feelling like s**t! To all posters who are feeling just jim-dandy - I hate you all.

That is <cough cough> all. <cough sneeze>

Man up......this statement is gay nonsense....
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • Pudseyp
    Morning poofters....

Another sweltering day ahead and of balls sticking to inner thighs......a great weekend some decorating and had a nice ride up at deggy yesterday....spent more time on the bike than off it so a bit of a win....

6 days till my 40th and 5 weeks till the wedding...shhiiiiiiitttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • GhallTN6
    GhallTN6 Posts: 505
    VWsurfbum wrote:

I quite liking Bedgebury, even after Glentress and Innerliethen I find it great fun, you can put into it what you want and because it's root city it can be quite tricky in places, usually takes you a lap to warm up though..

I did Friston Forest yesterday which has some cracking singletrack, if you've not done that it well worth a visit, there's some crazy steep drops etc, if you can find them, although yesterday it was a bit slippy in places.

Otherwise, the best thing about today is that the air con is on and the office is a nice ambient temparature.
  • Ransaka
    Ransaka Posts: 474
    GhallTN6 wrote:

I did Friston Forest yesterday which has some cracking singletrack, if you've not done that it well worth a visit, there's some crazy steep drops etc, if you can find them, although yesterday it was a bit slippy in places.

That's even closer than Bedgebury so that's also on the radar. Might take the bike for an explore one weekend, just getting into the idea of drops and jumps and quite liking it.
  • VWsurfbum
    Ransaka wrote:
    GhallTN6 wrote:

That's even closer than Bedgebury so that's also on the radar. Might take the bike for an explore one weekend, just getting into the idea of drops and jumps and quite liking it.
    But do they charge you the extortionate £8.50 to park like Bedgebury? or have over priced ice creams at the end?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • bwfc4eva868
    bwfc4eva868 Posts: 717
    Nothing bike related today, but Off to look at the planes at Manchester Airport and enjoy the sun. Already 25 degrees :D
  • Pudseyp
    but Off to look at the planes at Manchester Airport

Why can you afford one ?
  • GhallTN6
    GhallTN6 Posts: 505
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Ransaka wrote:
    GhallTN6 wrote:

But do they charge you the extortionate £8.50 to park like Bedgebury? or have over priced ice creams at the end?

I pay the 50 quid a year thing, makes you go more to get the value out of it, I think Friston is 4 quid, but there are also places where you can park for free.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Well I can't walk or drive thanks to yesterday so I'm forced to sit in the sun on the hottest day of the year.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Family came over from Gambia to live with me!! AAAAAAAAAH - Paradise lost.

Was nice to them and handed over my old Felt to the 14 yr old then helped him clean it up. Then used the tiny Muc Off bottle to lube the chain and everything else and noticed the problem a couple of hrs later. Much flushing and re-squrting but to Ms C annoyance - the bike not her.

Blamed it on the oil ompany.
  • VWsurfbum
    Well I can't walk or drive thanks to yesterday so I'm forced to sit in the sun on the hottest day of the year.
    I hope you burn and end up like crispy bacon

Emmmmmmmmm Bacon
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • VWsurfbum
    allen.coulson Loved Gambia when i went, and No1 minion is from there. Maybe a trip back there when No2 child is old enough to enjoy it.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Leave them and go yoursellllf....hey - I'm from Chelmo..
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Tired tired tired this morning as didn't sleep weel with the heat down in Kentland.

@VWsurfbum - that second short sharp climb is a right little git (if you mean the one where where you go over a short wooden stream crossing just before it gets steep and rooty?) even with a triple ring as if you don't get the right line you're knackered. I still don't like it. But yep overall Bedge is good fun if you take it fast enough, just come dressed in a diving suit in winter...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • VWsurfbum
    Leave them and go yoursellllf....hey - I'm from Chelmo..
    If i could get away with going on my own i would in a heart beat!
    Chelmo, most of my friends live there now, When we left school it was like a mass exedous as back in the 90's you couldnt buy a place worth living in back here in the wood
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty