eBay and way of sorting this issue

getonyourbike
getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
edited June 2011 in The hub
I'm just after a bit of advice of how to sort this out, it's the first time i've had an issue with something on flee bay.

I won an inner chainring on the 5th June and paid that night. I since thought it was on it's way adns the post was slow but on the 16th June, yes, 11 days later I got a dispatch email. I quite reasonably, I thought, sent a slightly angry email along the lnies of this:
'Since when does it take 11 days to dispatch something as simple as easy as a chainring?!'
to which I received no reply. Then, on the 22nd I sent this as it still hadn't arrived:
'Where's the chainring I ordered? Over 17 days for something to be delivered is completely unacceptable!'
I got a reply saying it was sent out by 1st class post and it will be a postage issue. A couple of days along the lnie adn it's still not arrived.

Do I have the right to demand a refund and him to sort it out himself or do I have to wait however long for it to turn up and then wait for the lost item claim to go through? I just want my money back. I've had to order one from CRC in the meantime just so i can ride and that arrived via first class in 2 days. I wish i'd just done that in the first place now :(

Yeh, so do I have a right to demand a refund now and let him sort it out himself?

Cheers
Pete

Comments

• 15 days after dispatch and it is considered lost by royal fail.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    You have to raise an issue with Ebay and Paypal now. Have you communicated via email or Ebay? Keep all comms.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • getonyourbike
    All comms via ebay.
  • getonyourbike
    I've started a case with ebay now. I'll get back to you on how it progresses
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You will get your money back, simple as that. They give the seller some time to sort it out and if not you get refunded.
    Once a dispute is opened most sellers will refund anyway, even before Paypal do.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • getonyourbike
    good to hear
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Unless the seller can prove postage that it got to you then he'll be liable to pay you a refund and then for him to raise the issue with the Royal Mail.

This is why I always send things even just recorded delivery, obviously make them cover the cost of that postage ;)
  • getonyourbike
    He said he'd refund but not postage. I'm asking him to give me back the quid for postage too which i think is fair.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Just keep the dispute open and you'll get a full refund from Paypal. Don't accept the sellers offer.
    Although for £1 I don't know if I'd be too stressed.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • getonyourbike
    cooldad wrote:
    Just keep the dispute open and you'll get a full refund from Paypal. Don't accept the sellers offer.
    Although for £1 I don't know if I'd be too stressed.
    it's the moral thing more than the actual money really.