Advice for riding near Mansfield

waynej
waynej Posts: 56
edited June 2011 in Routes
Hi All,

After a bit of advice please.

I'm going to be the Chesterfield / Mansfield area with work for a couple of days this week and I'm looking for some advice about XC routes in / near the area.

My boss is going on a golf day with one of our customers and I've effectively got the day off. As a result I'm packing my bike in the car and could do with some pointers about what's nearby.

I was thinking about going to Ladybower - about 1 hour from where we're staying and, from what I've heard, seems like a really good area to ride. Any other suggestions?

Cheers.

Comments

• waughie
    waughie Posts: 180
    Sherwood Pines!
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    Being from Fife, I get the feeling that the lack of hills and technical terrain at Sherwood Pines might disappoint you.

The peaks is always worth a visit, there should be some route guides here on bike radar
  • waynej
    Thanks but I went to sherwood pines last year. Part of it was closed but what I saw was a bit flat and non-techy for my taste.

Ideally looking for more natural riding.

Cheers.
  • waynej
    Being from Fife, I get the feeling that the lack of hills and technical terrain at Sherwood Pines might disappoint you.

The peaks is always worth a visit, there should be some route guides here on bike radar

Spot on revellrider. Sherwood was the opposite of the kind of riding I normally do (sorry waughie). Ladybower looks like it has good climbing and descents and also looks reasonably concentrated and easy to find my way around. But something similar but closer to where i'm going to be based would be cool.
  • hydralex
    hydralex Posts: 5
    ldbwlp.jpg