OMG I adore this jersey.....but the price !!!!

Ezy Rider
Ezy Rider Posts: 415
edited June 2011 in Road beginners
http://www.prendas.co.uk/details.asp?typ=typ&fkid=2&ID=2918

I want this jersey, I just love king of the mountain polka dots and this is the best Ive ever seen, but £59.95 WTF :shock:

you lot know anywhere you can get jerseys like this at less insane prices :?:

Comments

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Fairly normal price for a decent quality jersey that isn't made in the Far East I would have thought.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    The King don't quibble about spending £59.95! That's as long as you are the King, you'd look a bit of muppet walking up any hill with that on.
  • But its free delivery!
  • Ezy Rider
    The King don't quibble about spending £59.95! That's as long as you are the King, you'd look a bit of muppet walking up any hill with that on.

roflmao :lol:

yep, but i can have a good laugh at myself, that jersey just KILLS KILLS KILLS !!

its a friggin biking tee shirt with 3 pockets.....................60 QUID !!!!!!! :cry:
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Etxeondo clothing is quality
  • cornerblock
    Ezy Rider wrote:

roflmao :lol:

yep, but i can have a good laugh at myself, that jersey just KILLS KILLS KILLS !!

its a friggin biking tee shirt with 3 pockets.....................60 QUID !!!!!!! :cry:

T- shirt? Are you losing your mind? It's the KOM jersey. Now if you think your not worth it, well step aside. The King is dead, long live the King.
  • Ezy Rider
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/cycling-jersey-maillot-polka-dot-loffler-rare-retro-/220803811007?pt=US_Men_s_Athletic_Apparel&hash=item3368eec6bf

now that is a steaming turd passing itself off as a KOM jersey for sure, I want that prendas one so bad !
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    That's horrific :p you'd need a clown nose and massive shoes to pull that look off...
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    "OMG I adore..."

Are you a girl? If so, fine. If not, MTFU. :lol:
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • ThatBikeGuy
    ThatBikeGuy Posts: 394
    And there's me thinking 60 quid was a fair price...compared to some of my clothes thats very cheap! :oops:
    Cannondale SS Evo Team
    Kona Jake CX
    Cervelo P5
  • Ezy Rider
    at ground level, its a tee shirt with a zip and 3 pockets on the back, how can it be valued at £60 :shock:

my altura black/red jersey is a nice tee shirt with a zip and 3 pockets also, but it cost me £39, i cant see how that kom stunna is worth 20 quid more :?
  • i had same trouble finding a jersey i like without spending insane amount of money. i did settle for a jersey on wiggle.co.uk if you havent checked on there already. has some pretty decent stuff.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Ezy Rider wrote:
    at ground level, its a tee shirt with a zip and 3 pockets on the back, how can it be valued at £60 :shock:

my altura black/red jersey is a nice tee shirt with a zip and 3 pockets also, but it cost me £39, i cant see how that kom stunna is worth 20 quid more :?

£39 for an Altura jersey? That's a rip off.
  • Ezy Rider
    i had same trouble finding a jersey i like without spending insane amount of money. i did settle for a jersey on wiggle.co.uk if you havent checked on there already. has some pretty decent stuff.

ill have a look, so far i havent been able to find a polka dot worth a damn that isnt really expensive :cry:
  • cornerblock
    Ezy Rider wrote:
    i had same trouble finding a jersey i like without spending insane amount of money. i did settle for a jersey on wiggle.co.uk if you havent checked on there already. has some pretty decent stuff.

ill have a look, so far i havent been able to find a polka dot worth a damn that isnt really expensive :cry:

You are not looking hard enough.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vtg-CREAM-ORANGE- ... _Shirts&ha
  • Ezy Rider
    Ezy Rider wrote:

You are not looking hard enough.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vtg-CREAM-ORANGE- ... _Shirts&ha

help, ive gone blind !!
  • Zoomer37
    Zoomer37 Posts: 725
    You should buy a Altura top and stick some dots on it yourself. That would be lush.

Fast too.
  • Ezy Rider
    Zoomer37 wrote:
    You should buy a Altura top and stick some dots on it yourself. That would be lush.

Fast too.

you reckon sticking those dots on with pritt stick would make it look real pro ?
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    that and 5 years of daily cycling 100 miles up hills
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Re: OP

Do you like it? Yes obviously.

Can you afford it? If you can,buy it. If you can't, save up.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Ezy Rider
    Re: OP

Do you like it? Yes obviously.

Can you afford it? If you can,buy it. If you can't, save up.

hear ya frank

only problem is that id be handing over 60 readies and thinking to myself am i right in the head !!
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Be interested to know what bike you ride and what wheels and tyres you use :D
    That is reasonable price for a quality top.
    Ok it has three pockets but quality tops fit well and last, you normally get what you pay for with cycle clothing, though I would not go as far as to pay full whack for assos or rapha as some other makes are just as good but cheaper.
  • The Ors
    The Ors Posts: 130
    Get it for your birthday/Xmas.

That way it's a pressie & it won't matter that's it was a bit pricey. I just did the same with Foska.
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    60 bucks is not a bad price for a jersey. I just bought a livestrong one that was on sale for 80 euros here. Sometimes you gotta pay for good kit, rather than skimping and getting the cheapest. You only live once anyways!
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    ^ Livestrong jersey, now that is a rip off unless you're pleased at paying for Armstrong's jet fuel and legal bills?

As for Exteondo - class and being a Vuelta jersey separates you from the wannabees like above who only think that cycling involves a 3 week race around France in July :roll:
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Personally, I like this, at £76.60 :D

BED6E765-5056.jpg[/url]
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    nferrar wrote:
    That's horrific :p you'd need a clown nose and massive shoes to pull that look off...
    I Know just the right Man for that shirt. :lol:
    Ademort :wink:
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • lifeform
    lifeform Posts: 126
    There's some rather tasty kit there - as I'm a lycra virgin, is the difference between the £70-90 kit like this, and the Endura/Altura/whatever kit in the £30-50 bracket that big?

I'm investing in a load of kit next week - pedals, shoes, shorts, jersey, etc - so genuinely interested.

I'd sort of decided on a Foska jersey - but seeing this kit makes me think otherwise. Shorts I'm completely undecided on. All my work suits are braces-only, so I'm thinking a bibshort would be a better bet.
  • Ezy Rider
    though I would not go as far as to pay full whack for assos or rapha as some other makes are just as good but cheaper.

if i want a read that is guaranteed to have me laughing like a quivering wreck, i read an assos price list. i saw one of their products that was essentially a wife beater sleeveless tee shirt and they wanted £120 for it :shock: :shock:

anybody who is gullible enough to pay those prices :roll: for assos snake oil :roll:
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Ezy Rider wrote:
    though I would not go as far as to pay full whack for assos or rapha as some other makes are just as good but cheaper.

if i want a read that is guaranteed to have me laughing like a quivering wreck, i read an assos price list. i saw one of their products that was essentially a wife beater sleeveless tee shirt and they wanted £120 for it :shock: :shock:

anybody who is gullible enough to pay those prices :roll: for assos snake oil :roll:
    Until you've worn Assos kit :D
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved