Forum home Road cycling forum Road buying advice

cannondale super six sizing

hendo9hendo9 Posts: 34
edited July 2011 in Road buying advice
Hi all,

I'm looking into buying a cannondale super six and was wondering if any owners could help me out with sizing. I'm 5'11'' with 32.5'' inseam. I currently ride a size 56 specialized allez. When I visited a local cannondale dealer, he recommended a size 54 super six, saying they come up bigger than specialized bikes but when I got home I checked the geometry charts and the top tube on the cannondale is 54.5 compared to 56.5 on the specialized.

My specialized is very comfortable but I don't have very much drop from the seat to handlebars as, given my shortish legs, there isn't all that much seatpost showing. Having briefly sat on a 54 super six in the shop, the position would be quite a lot racier. Any advice would be appreciated!

• pedrojakepedrojake Posts: 229
    Sorry to hi jack the thread, but was about to post article with same title.
    Im wanting to know what size an M/L is in the supersix as one has appeared for sale near me. Im 5 8 and currently on a 54 Spesh Allez Elite.
  • the_fugglerthe_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Got a feeling they measure the top tube slightly differently on the Cannondales. I'm 5' 10" with a 32" in seam. The 54 Cannondale was perfect for me, once I'd shifted the saddle forward a notch.

Obviously, the best bet is to ride one and see.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • hendo9hendo9 Posts: 34
    Thanks, yeah they do have a 54 test bike so I'll try and sort a test ride.
  • rjh299rjh299 Posts: 721
    I'm 5ft 11.5in with a 35in inside leg, I ride a 56 SuperSix.
  • airwiseairwise Posts: 207
    Five nine with 32in inseam and I found the 54cm to be a perfect fit. Not much seat post visible but very similar size wise to my previous S Works 54cm and my Seven. They might LOOK big because the TT doesn't slope like most 2011 framesets.
  • The SpidermanThe Spiderman Posts: 5,625
    5ft 11 with a 33" leg and found the 56,to be a good fit when I tried one recently.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • briantrumpetbriantrumpet Posts: 7,643
    5ft 11 with a 33" leg and found the 56,to be a good fit when I tried one recently.
    I'm very simillar (just half an inch taller) - the 56" seems to allow a bit of adjustment either way for stretch & saddle height - I like a fairly aggressive set-up:

SuperSixsmall.jpg
  • hendo9hendo9 Posts: 34
    Thanks for all the feedback. I was out on my specialized today and if anything I think my stem could be slightly longer as the hub of the front wheel isnt fully obscured by the handlebar - I believe it should be?

I guess I'll just have to sit on both a 54 and a 56 to see what feels right.
  • pmannion9pmannion9 Posts: 258
    Hi All,
    I have a 52cm Allez and thinking of taking a SuperSix for a test ride.
    I'm 5'4" and not sure whether to go for 50cm or 52cm in the Cannondale. Any advise gratefully appreciated...
    2013 Kinesis Racelight TK3
    2011 Cannondale SuperSix
    2008 Specialized Allez Elite
  • porker33porker33 Posts: 636
    6ft with 32" inside leg.....I tried a six yesterday for size......I liked it, it certainly felt bigger than my 56 madone, but the 54 Cannondale, just felt a touch too small.......
    I would have to say I am probably a 55 in cannondale sizes.......I know they do not make one, but you may have to try both 54 & 56 to see which you can live with, or another bike which fits you better?
  • Brommers76Brommers76 Posts: 234
    5'11'' and I should be getting my CAAD10 size 54 on Saturday. I understand they are the same geo and the 56 was def a tad too big.

I ride a large Look 595 and a medium Giant Defy! Both are v comfy.
  • porker33porker33 Posts: 636
    Brommers mentions the caad10, which I understand is the same geometry as the super six.

I know the caad8 is different, but how is the caad9...is this the same as the caad10 & super six?

tks.