Cannondale Supersix

airwise
airwise Posts: 241
edited June 2011 in Your road bikes
Having followed the Giro d'Italia both last year and this in my trusty campervan, I simply couldn't resist owning one of these as a souvenir

P1010904.jpg

P1010905.jpg

I'll keep it completely stock and put my CCU's on when riding hard but I wanted one ever since Nibali and Basso's spares were lined up next to my Seven on the Zoncolan last year.

P1000422.jpg

I'm just a sucker for the colour scheme. I know they are running SRAM this year but SRAM is not for me. It simply looks cheap to me and the brake levers look hilarious.

P1010805.jpg

For me it's the bike of the past two Giros. Besides being an aging mountain biker, I've always wanted a Cannondale with a fat downtube :lol:

Comments

• rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    That is lovely!
    (apart from the bar tape)
  • Zoomer37
    Zoomer37 Posts: 725
    Lovely looking bike mate. You do need to sort that bar tape out though :)
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym Posts: 1,032
    airwise wrote:
    I'm just a sucker for the colour scheme. I know they are running SRAM this year but SRAM is not for me. It simply looks cheap to me and the brake levers look hilarious.

fortunately, looks aren't eveything...
  • ha, i actually think that Campag levers look ridiculous! :lol:

is yours one of the pro's spare bikes then?
  • SCR Pedro
    SCR Pedro Posts: 912
    Awesome!
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    Awesome bike :-)
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • hairyleg
    hairyleg Posts: 134
    Very nice indeed.
    This is not a race!!!!But I'm winning
    Canyon cf
    Cannondale caadx 9
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Are the first 2 pix your bike - with the deep dish wheels? Looks nice.

I'm surprised the 2 team bikes have alu R-SYS wheels. Thought you'd see low-pro carbon ultimates on them - maybe a 25mm profile.

I like how they are already in the easiet gear, ready to go. The size of the cassette is massive!
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • airwise
    airwise Posts: 241
    Thanks for the comments - I've been off line.

The pics of the team bikes were taken on the Zoncolan in 2010. They were R Sys tubulars for some reason. The riders main bikes used CCU's. My new steed is the one in the top two pictures yes.

As for SRAM/Campag, I think looks ARE everything for me - there's no weight difference to speak of and they both function as intended. I like having the option of running a 39 x 29 in the mountains instead of a compact. I get on better with that. I also like running the neglected eighteen sprocket on the 12-25 block so for me there are small gains running Campagnolo. It's the eternal debate I guess but SRAM is not for me personally.
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Got to stroke a SuperSix in the flesh the other day. It's so beautiful. Waiting for a dry day to take one out, but just seeing it has completely thrown my purchasing decision....
    FCN 3 / 4
  • ste_
    ste_ Posts: 124
    Looks amazing. I even like the bartape.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,865
    Got to stroke a SuperSix in the flesh the other day. It's so beautiful.
    It's even better when you get to stroke one every day. The infatuation doesn't wear off.
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Got to stroke a SuperSix in the flesh the other day. It's so beautiful.
    It's even better when you get to stroke one every day. The infatuation doesn't wear off.

:D - I went back today to have a quick test ride and they'd sold it 20 minutes earlier! Took the equally beautiful Synapse out instead. Lovely bike too.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,865
    I went back today to have a quick test ride and they'd sold it 20 minutes earlier! Took the equally beautiful Synapse out instead. Lovely bike too.
    My SuperSix was the best (virtually) impulse buy I've done, by a long chalk. I had the CAAD9, I'd read all the reviews of the SuperSix, and was just Googling it one night ... and there it was, in Westbrook Cycles, at £1000 off. Bought it over the internet the next morning, arrived the following day. You only live once.