Btwin Facet 5.

Andyw85
Andyw85 Posts: 16
edited January 2013 in Your road bikes
My new Btwin Facet 5 bought from Decathlon took my first very short ride today, cut short due to huge downpour... but rides amazingly compared to my btwin sport 1 :D

I think it was qute a bargain compared to bikes of a similar spec.

5861276262_244b15c9b1.jpg
DSC_1147 by knockedback, on Flickr

Spec

Carbon fibre frame.
Full Sram Rival Grpset shifters etc.
Mavic Aksium wheels
Prologo nago evo saddle
Look Keo easy pedals
Michelin Pro 3 tyres.
Carbon seat post.

weighs in at 7.6kg according to website and priced at £1199...

I AM CHUFFED :D

Andy.

Comments

• bertberr
    bertberr Posts: 151
    Might just be me, but can't see the image... :?
  • i can :) looks nice! shame it rained
  • vito82
    vito82 Posts: 5
    Great Bike!

i purchased one yestaday from Decathlon in Lakeside kent...Looking forward to going for my first Ride saturday as its my first Road bike and have jump in the deepend with the Facet 5....i will post a pict tonight after i fit my new pedals...got a pare of IClic Titan carbon pedals...Crazy money but i treated myself lol :D

Decathlon now for a limited time sell Hutchinson Atom tyres in Red and Black for £36.99 for a pair!!! Chainreaction.com sell them for £42 each!!!
    so i had them fit them whilst i was there for FREE and also fitted 2 x Carbon water cages and a Wireless Sigma Computer...Really good service and with 2 years extra warranty on the parts fitted.
  • kbabs
    kbabs Posts: 1
    So chaps, what do you think of the Facet 5 now you must have ridden it a fair bit.

I am looking to upgrade from a Boardman Comp 2010 to something lighter and more comfortable for sub 100 mile rides.

The current Facet 5 is 1 bike I am looking at, also the Specialzed Roubaix Comp. There is £800 difference between the two. I like the Roubaix for it's frame as it should be ultra comfy on the long rides but the Facet 5 is so tempting, but I know nothing of it's suitability.

SO, any helpful comments on the Facet 5 will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Keith
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    5861276262_244b15c9b1_d.jpg

Here it is
    Yellow is the new Black.