Dirt 3 - Finally a decent rally game!

Fenred
Fenred Posts: 428
edited June 2011 in The hub
Has anyone got this on 360 or PS3?

I've been playing Rally and racing games for the last 3 decades and this one is phenominal! However my first half hour on it and I am ABSOLUTELY gash!! Reverted back to L-Plates :oops:

Anyone else finding it equally as tough or am I just old? :shock:

Comments

• is it actually realistic or as arcadey as the other dirts?

and is it just rally or crap buggie racing etc?
  • Fenred
    Good question.

The silly buggie/truck things are nowhere to be seen (yet) and there is loads to do...Rally/Rally X/hill climb/head2head etc BUT this version has the gymkana thing, which is ridiculously addictive. It's def less arcadey than 1 & 2 but still retains a pick up and play feel. Loads of cars to choose, Cossy RS500's, Delta Integrale thru to todays monster evo/scooby/RS focus that at the moment Im finding a real handful.

The physics are much improved and the graphics must be pushing the xbox to its limits! Seriously gorgeous to look at.It's not Forza 3/GT in terms of realism but as rally games go it's the best I've experienced. 8)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Pah, All i want from a rally game is full length stages, all championship rounds, and not having a service after every stage.
    I swear the people who make these games have never actually watched a rally.
  • Fenred
    Pah, All i want from a rally game is full length stages, all championship rounds, and not having a service after every stage.
    I swear the people who make these games have never actually watched a rally.

Have you played it?
  • Anonymous
    No, but from your description, it doesn't have anything I want in a rally game.
  • Fenred
    Yep, you're right, you'd hate it....
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Bought it last week for the PS3. It seems more err...mature than Dirt2 and tbh I miss the caravan but I like the way you can only get certain cars if you attract the right sponsors and as you say the gymkhana mode is just mental. Good feedback through a steering wheel you can feel the tyres pushing sideways in the snow and following ruts in the dirt.
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    If I've been a good Dad this year, the kids might get me it for fathers day
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • Dirtydog11
    Dirtydog11 Posts: 1,621

If you haven't already and are looking for a proper Rally Sim then try Richard Burns Rally.

It's a good few years old but by far the best Rally Sim currently available, possibly a bit too hardcore for your average gamer.

If you've ever played Grand Prix Legends you'll know what I mean.
  • Anonymous
    Dirtydog11 wrote:

If you haven't already and are looking for a proper Rally Sim then try Richard Burns Rally.
    My fave rally game of all time. Shame about the stage length though.