Planet X SL Pro with Carbonzone Clinchers

gmb
gmb Posts: 456
edited June 2011 in Your road bikes
I've posted this bike in this section before when it had Planet X 50mm carbon tubs on.

I've just received my Carbon Clinchers from Carbonzone and thought I would post a few picks for anyone considering buying some of these wheels.

SANY0062.jpg

SANY0061.jpg

SANY0060.jpg

SANY0059.jpg

The PX has Ultegra shifters, front and rear mechs. I'm considering replacing the brakes and chainset this Summer but it's working fine for now.

Please feel free to tell me my saddle is not straight/I've got too many spacers etc etc.... :)
Trying Is The First Step Towards Failure

De Rosa Milanino :-
http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78 ... -00148.jpg

Comments

• ex-pat scot
    ex-pat scot Posts: 939
    Looks fantastic!

What sort of deal did you get on the wheels?
    Commute: Langster -Singlecross - Brompton S2-LX

Road: 95 Trek 5500 -Look 695 Aerolight eTap - Boardman TTe eTap

Offroad: Pace RC200 - Dawes Kickback 2 tandem - Tricross - Boardman CXR9.8 - Ridley x-fire
  • gwillis
    gwillis Posts: 998
    Looks lovely , what size frame is it.. I'm between sizes s/m and 5ft 8 and was put off due to the small only having one bottle cage. Love the bike
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    How long did the wheels take to arrive?

Paid for mine just over a week ago - cost was about £340 delivered I think (although I'm still waiting for news that they are on their way).
  • gmb
    gwillis wrote:
    Looks lovely , what size frame is it.. I'm between sizes s/m and 5ft 8 and was put off due to the small only having one bottle cage. Love the bike

Thanks! It's a medium. I'm 5'10" and there's still plenty of seat post in there (I had to cut it down to get it in the frame!)

I paid around £330.00 for the wheels and delivery.

I ordered the wheels around the 30th May and received them last Friday. A few days after I placed the order I emailed Carbonzone asking about progress and they sent me details of how to track the wheels with their courier. The packaging etc. was excellent and they came with carbon specific brake pads and a set of skewers (which I'm not using as I have the Planet X ti ones).

I would definitely order from Carbonzone again and would have no hesitation in recommending them.

• wayneabs
    wayneabs Posts: 63
    I can only see tubs on their e-bay webshop - is that where you got the clinchers from?
  • gmb
    wayneabs wrote:
    I can only see tubs on their e-bay webshop - is that where you got the clinchers from?

I contacted them via ebay and asked for a quote for the clinchers and they replied the same day. There were a few different options for hubs/spokes etc. They sent me an invoice to my Paypal account - very straight forward.

• petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    GMB wrote:
    wayneabs wrote:

I contacted them via ebay and asked for a quote for the clinchers and they replied the same day. There were a few different options for hubs/spokes etc. They sent me an invoice to my Paypal account - very straight forward.

£330 for carbon clinchers is quite frankly

:D Seeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiick :D

Have you weighed them?
  • gmb
    PeteMadoc wrote:
    GMB wrote:
    wayneabs wrote:

£330 for carbon clinchers is quite frankly

:D Seeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiick :D

Have you weighed them?

I haven't weighed them myself but Carbonzone quoted Weight is 1625+/-30g.

TBH for £330 you can't go wrong. I took them in to my LBS to see what they thought of them and they were well impressed. (I was there buying other stuff not just waving items I'd bought from another supplier - at prices they couldn't afford to match - under their noses). :oops:

I tried to sow the seed of them importing the frames/wheels etc., building the bikes up and selling them. I'd definitely buy a Stealth/De Rosa frame clad in unbranded Chinese carbon goodies. Philhul's Chinese FM0028 on this Forum is my favourite bike on here at the mo.