Pains after being off the bike for a while

Skippy2309
Skippy2309 Posts: 426
Took the bike on the rollers after 9months off due to a knee problem, which is now sorted (at last) Usual pain was the Arione saddle knew it would be a bit harsh after being off so long, first ride showed my fitness was CRAP. Struggled to be on the hoods, so flipped the stem and raised it for a more upright position...

the pain that seems to be really annoying me is my hands, no matter where i put them they are really hurting, its the same bars and tape that i used to ride with..... its a perfectly smooth ride on the rollers so i dont know whats going on :roll:

Anyone know where I can get my cleats and shoes aligned properly as I am getting a sore patch on the outside and i am having a little trouble getting unclipped i think I adjusted the cleats :oops: They are Keo2 max Cleats and Sidi shoes.

Any Help is much appreciated
FCN: 5/6 Fixed Gear (quite rapid) in normal clothes and clips :D

Cannondale CAAD9 / Mongoose Maurice (heavily modified)

Comments

• crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    For your hands it sounds like you just need time back on the bike to get used to it,about 2 weeks or so,nice gloves help.
  • Skippy2309
    Skippy2309 Posts: 426
    I use Craft Elite gloves and have Microtex softtouch tape, i am guessing your right and its just getting used to it again.

the saddle was fine after on the second ride which was really weird, going to have another spin session on the rollers tomorrow :D
    FCN: 5/6 Fixed Gear (quite rapid) in normal clothes and clips :D

Cannondale CAAD9 / Mongoose Maurice (heavily modified)