Countryfile BBC1 Sun' 8pm

Aggieboy
Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
edited June 2011 in The bottom bracket
Features Chris Boardman riding the Olympic route at Box Hill. Make the most of it ,as it's the closest you'll get thanks to the National trust :roll:
"There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."

Comments

• IShaggy
    IShaggy Posts: 301
    Sods law says it''s be a 5 minute slot at the end of the programme and so we'll have to sit through 55 minutes of bird-watching and tree-hugging before we get there :wink:
  • Aggieboy
    IShaggy wrote:
    Sods law says it''s be a 5 minute slot at the end of the programme and so we'll have to sit through 55 minutes of bird-watching and tree-hugging before we get there :wink:

Yeah, bummer.............

julia-bradbury-nipslip-350x520.jpg

3325669359_87d1606605.jpg
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • MaxwellBygraves
    MaxwellBygraves Posts: 1,353
    Aggieboy wrote:
    it's the closest you'll get thanks to the National trust :roll:

Huh?

Sorry I'm slow
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    Aggieboy wrote:

Huh?

Sorry I'm slow
    Uh, something about them selling all the forests in the UK perhaps?
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Herbsman wrote:
    Aggieboy wrote:

Huh?

Sorry I'm slow
    Uh, something about them selling all the forests in the UK perhaps?

Not this time, though that debate is still going on through the "independent panel", set up by Caroline Spelman. Some useful info here http://www.saveourforests.co.uk.

I think the NT is not allowing people within their Box Hill site because of the risk of damage to the SSSI (nature reserve). There is a post within the Campaign section about this here http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12784616
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    Ah!
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • Here's an idea for preserving an SSSI: instead of saying it's a private road that's open to cars, put up a sign saying ''Cyclists And Pedestrians Only From This Point.'' That would reduce the ecological impact and allow the greatest number of people creating the least ecological damage to attend.

How's that for a solution so simple it won't happen?
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    Going on the road is no problem, it is the number of people walking on the fields.

It is the marshalling of that however they got there that is the problem.
  • jellybellywmb
    jellybellywmb Posts: 1,379
    I bet you a dollar that NT will make an absolute fortune from Car Parking for the event and further stuff there ever expanding coffers!!!!

I for one will watch somewhere else as I doubt you will get any decent vantage point and will will be hearded and marshalled like cattle at Box Hill.
    "BEER" Proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy
  • bearfraser
    bearfraser Posts: 435
    Better not tell Donald Trump (tw@) its an SSSI or he will build a Golf course on it with government approval . :evil: :evil:
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    I bet you a dollar that NT will make an absolute fortune from Car Parking for the event
    If NT own the car parks, why shouldn't they ? It's called supply and demand.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    What was the final verdict on the piece - worth iPlayer-ing or just a 5 minute bit at the end?
  • MattC59
    Yossie wrote:
    What was the final verdict on the piece - worth iPlayer-ing or just a 5 minute bit at the end?
    10mins right at the beginning. Nothing special, but worth a watch.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,802
    Alpe d'Box Hill :lol:
  • Aggieboy
    Has he put his time on the Box Hill Challenge thread??

I can understand the NT not wanting all their rare species being trampled (bends down to wipe yoghurt off sandals) but surely the spectator numbers shouldn't have come as a shock to the Olympic Commitee and NT. If sounds as if no thought has been put into this at all. They should've chosen another route/location where people could watch eg Ivinghoe Beacon, but hey, why give us tickets to anything or a decent location to watch for free.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Has he put his time on the Box Hill Challenge thread??

I can understand the NT not wanting all their rare species being trampled (bends down to wipe yoghurt off sandals) but surely the spectator numbers shouldn't have come as a shock to the Olympic Commitee and NT. If sounds as if no thought has been put into this at all. They should've chosen another route/location where people could watch eg Ivinghoe Beacon, but hey, why give us tickets to anything or a decent location to watch for free.

Indeed no thought at all. The fat baldy bloke even said the ground there was 'hallowed ground', if its such a precious site why have the mens premiuim cycling event go through there. Its just a big ad campaign for uk tourism, but the place does look beautiful though.

:x :P :oops: :cry::wink: :roll: :evil: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow:

Good thing dave millar wont be there, those stinky orchids would have triggered off his hay fever.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Just watched this. Chris Boardman reckons it'll take 3 minutes for the race to climb Box Hill :shock:
  • Aggieboy
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    Just watched this. Chris Boardman reckons it'll take 3 minutes for the race to climb Box Hill :shock:

Well the BH Challenge leader is currently at 5.37, so it's no surprise.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Aggie, I missed it, (yet again :wink: )

You're going to have to post an Aggieboy On Line Visual Guide to the weeks viewing way in advance so I can plan my nights accordingly.

Thanks awfully.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • MattC59
    DIESELDOG wrote:

You're going to have to post an Aggieboy On Line Visual Guide to the weeks viewing way in advance so I can plan my nights accordingly.

Thanks awfully.

Love n hugs

DD
    BBC iPlayer :wink:
  • Aggieboy
    DIESELDOG wrote:

Thanks awfully.

Love n hugs

DD

Oh yeah, sorry. What night can you actually log on to the guide????
    2325705038_28435_xlarge.jpeg
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Aggieboy wrote:
    DIESELDOG wrote:

Thanks awfully.

Love n hugs

DD

That looks suspiciously like my arse. Except I'm more a fan of cable ties.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • MattC59
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    Aggieboy wrote:
    DIESELDOG wrote:

Thanks awfully.

Love n hugs

DD

That looks suspiciously like my ars*. Except I'm more a fan of cable ties.

Love n hugs

DD
    Got loads of those :twisted: