Rapha do the Bryan Chapman

vorsprung
vorsprung Posts: 1,953
Great article about some Rapha sponsored riders doing the Bryan Chapman Memorial 600km audax here:
http://www.rapha.cc/the-audax-diaries-- ... apman-2011

Rapha are sending a group of riders on Paris-Brest-Paris and this is their 600km qualifying ride

Comments

• AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880
    edited June 2011
    Maybe next year.... I did the Elenith in 2007, loved it - I guess this is kind of the Elenith x 2?
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Quite inspiring but the snide sportive comments weren't needed.
  • Gazzaputt wrote:

What snide comments, its a very balanced piece.
  • AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880
    It was a bit snipey, but I recognised it as true - being both a sportiver and an audaxer. It was in there to make the point that they are different kinds of event.
  • AndyRubio wrote:
    It was a bit snipey, but I recognised it as true - being both a sportiver and an audaxer. It was in there to make the point that they are different kinds of event.

But that's what makes it balanced the misconceptions of both codes. It's about the rider not the machine. The sportive is the event the audax is the ride. I also like both, it's all cycling and the more the merrier in both codes as long as they are well organised.
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    Gazzaputt wrote:

To be fair the audax riders get snide comments too:
    Outside is a collection of bikes that most riders could proudly show their wives as proof of not breaking the domestic budget
    HEY! COME ON! THEY ARE THE BEST BIKES WE CAN FIND! :D:D