2011 Wiggle Tour of the Peak

garetjax
garetjax Posts: 175
I'm thinking of signing up for this event. Is it well organised? How tough is it?

The advert states no signing-on queues, which is a plus, but then they all say that...

Comments appreciated.

Comments

• Hinzy9
    Hinzy9 Posts: 72
    I would be interested to hear peoples comments also. I can't decided between this and the Phil Liggetts CTC challenge ride on the 7th Aug.
    Cube Attempt 2011
  • pmannion9
    pmannion9 Posts: 280
    Pretty tough route.
    This event has taken place in October before now...
    Hopefully weather should be better in August but I think traffic on Winnats pass could be a nightmare !! Peak holiday season ...

Feed stations have been very good and last year you got a sticker to put on your helmet which was posted out with info pack - so you could just turn up and off you go.
    Limited parking so advisable to turn up early...

Enjoy !!
  • Jonny7c
    Jonny7c Posts: 35
    I did this last year. Great route. The ride itself is very well organised with registration packs received in advance and marshals etc on the course.

Route is pretty tough with some landmark climbs including Cat and Fiddle, Winnats Pass and Holme Moss (if it's the same as last year).

Unfortunately the start venue was very busy for parking and toilets. i was also a bit surprised when I grabbed my pasta meal at the end that it wasn't included in the price!