Pumped up Cayo

gaddster
gaddster Posts: 401
edited June 2011 in Your road bikes
Here's my Cayo which I am loving, even more so now with the new 50mm wheels from Dengfu! It's all standard Cayo stuff other than:

Spesh saddle
50mm clinchers
Look Keo Max 2 pedals
Michelin Krylion Carbon 23 tyres, they go well with the existing colour scheme I think.

I'm really pleased with it and it rides lovely.

5848364669_fdbdf4a8a6_o.jpg

Bigger pictures here http://www.flickr.com/photos/61596502@N03/5848836366/in/set-72157626996730776/lightbox/
ARTHUR
"Hello oh great one"
LARRY
"Are you talking to me or my ass?"

Comments

• JRooke
    JRooke Posts: 243
    Must admit I do quite like this colour scheme, xtremely deep drop bars.

Surely that sensor is way to low?
  • gaddster
    Thanks!

It works ok there, is just within the distance stated in the comp manual. It's as high as I could go though with the short cable ties around the fat forks!
    ARTHUR
    "Hello oh great one"
    LARRY
  • sibike
    sibike Posts: 257
    them wheels transform the look of the bike and the black handlebar tape looks better than the white . im waiting for delivery of my own cayo at the moment .
    what bottle cages are they ?
  • gaddster
    yes the white tape had to go, wasn't to my liking..

The bottle cages are these ones here

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/elite-custom-race-bottle-cage/
    ARTHUR
    "Hello oh great one"
    LARRY
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,802
    That is a great looking bike!
  • bencolem
    bencolem Posts: 463
    Looks hard!

I've heard that Focus bikes have a rep for being quite stiff and not very forgiving, is the ride comfortable with those deep clinchers?
  • gaddster
    I'd say that yes the ride on the Focus is probably not as smooth as others claim to be but it's stiffness does help move you forward pretty speedily. Can't say I've noticed any deterioration in the ride quality since putting the new wheels on, had Mavic Open Pro's for a short while previously.

As for it being comfortable, I find it a nice balance, did a 50 today and could quite happily have gone more if only I didn't want to get back to watch the cycling! :)
    ARTHUR
    "Hello oh great one"
    LARRY
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    gaddster wrote:
    I'd say that yes the ride on the Focus is probably not as smooth as others claim to be but it's stiffness does help move you forward pretty speedily. Can't say I've noticed any deterioration in the ride quality since putting the new wheels on, had Mavic Open Pro's for a short while previously.

As for it being comfortable, I find it a nice balance, did a 50 today and could quite happily have gone more if only I didn't want to get back to watch the cycling! :)

what difference do you think the wheels make to the ride?
  • gaddster
    comfort wise; no difference. good or bad.

Primarily I love how they look so that is making the rides more enjoyable. that was my main reason for getting them not some belief that I'd be going loads faster.

Speed; Done 2 50m rides on them and certainly quicker than previous efforts. Same bike bar the wheels and similar weather (windy!) over exactly the same route. They definitely feel quicker up the lumps, out of the saddle they don't budge at all and once you are moving quickly on the flat the deep rims do seem to help maintaining a fast cruise. Cross winds are interesting shall we say!
    ARTHUR
    "Hello oh great one"
    LARRY
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Top effort for colour co-ordination. 8)
  • maxlite
    maxlite Posts: 293
    Nice looking Cayo, wheels look great and the graphics are a vast improvement over early models.

Mine:
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12776001

Very strong side wind on my ride today....I think I'd have been in the ditch with those deep sections on!
    Cervelo R5
    Cinelli Saetta
    Giant XTC
    Raleigh Classic
  • wayneabs
    wayneabs Posts: 63
    Great looking bike, can you order those wheels direct from Dengfu? Looked on their website but there were no prices.
  • gaddster
    yep email them with what you're after and they will sort it all out for you. Took about 2 weeks from ordering to delivery for mine.
    ARTHUR
    "Hello oh great one"
    LARRY
  • lucca
    lucca Posts: 51
    How much were the clinchers ?
  • Nick Cod
    Nick Cod Posts: 321
    Nice, I've got one of these

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... o-09-33483

Did London to Brighton on it last weekend. Great bike, upgraded to Mavic Askium wheels and replaced the white bar tape with red.
    2016 Cube Agree C:62 SLT DISC
    2013 Cayo Evo 3
    2013 Zesty 414
    2002 Avalanche 0.0
    2018 Vitus Substance v2 105 Gravel
  • ste_
    ste_ Posts: 124
    Really like the colour scheme.

On seeing this have just enquired with Dengfu about a set of the 50mm clinchers. :D
  • gaddster
    Yea you know you want them!

@lucca

With shipping they came to about £340, delivered in 2 weeks from time of order.
    ARTHUR
    "Hello oh great one"
    LARRY