Carbon stickers

toastedone
toastedone Posts: 838
edited June 2011 in MTB beginners
I have been told you can buy carbon stickers to put on your frame where cable rub may occur or have occurred, being naive I didn't do anything to protect this places, does anyone know where i can buy some of these carbon sticker?

Comments

• getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    Just get some copter tape from Biketart. Nie on invisible, cheaper than the patches, really tough and easy.

http://www.biketart.com/products/biketape
  • Rybes
    Rybes Posts: 110
    2004 cinder cone, grey
    madison prime seat
    3 inch handle bar risers
    bg comfort grips
    lidl seat pack
    diamond back pedals
    2009 reba sl's
    more to come......
  • toastedone
    cheers guys, wish i had known about heli tape when i first got my bike, it already has some scratched and rub marks, may have to get some now to prevent more damage.
  • Muttly1981
    Muttly1981 Posts: 815
    I have Lizard skin carbon look leather patches but in the past i've used Leeches puncture patches as they are padded and very hard wearing.
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?
  • FunBus
    FunBus Posts: 394
    insulation tape must be the cheapest option. Might need replacing quicker, but for the price of a carbon sticker set, you could get about 100 metres of insulation tape! :)
  • Rich Hcp
    Rich Hcp Posts: 1,355
    I'm getting Lizard Skins carbon look leather.

Don't get the Pace Armour real Carbon patches, they're rubbish and peaal of unless the surface is totally flat
    Richard

Giving it Large
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Bear in mind that bikes will look tatty if used properly anwyay. You'll be protecting some tiny part of the paintwork, but the rest of it will be covered in gashes, scratches, chips and abrasions with in a month or two anyway.
  • toastedone
    Thats a valid point, and something im already finding out