BMC Build

bencolem
bencolem Posts: 463
edited June 2013 in Your road bikes
Going for a nice and durable club-ride build. Got an EC90 std crankset and ceramic bb to come, Schwalbe tyres and Antares saddle to complete the build.

Not sure if my scales are under-reading and the new 7900 wheelset weigh like bricks or whether its correct and the ultegra bits are coming in a bit light?

DSCF1488.jpg
DSCF1489.jpg
DSCF1490.jpg
DSCF1491.jpg
DSCF1492.jpg
DSCF1493.jpg
DSCF1494.jpg
DSCF1495.jpg
DSCF1496.jpg
DSCF1497.jpg
DSCF1498.jpg
DSCF1499.jpg
DSCF1500.jpg
DSCF1501.jpg
DSCF1502.jpg

Comments

• seven7faces
    seven7faces Posts: 360
    love the frame, great colour scheme
  • Cats Eyes
    Cats Eyes Posts: 49
    Careful you don't scratch those rims! Nice looking build!
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Don't forget to weigh any grease that you use :wink:
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    You wally! You weighed the chain in it's packet! Countless weightweenies will throw themselves off the nearest cliff upon seeing that! :wink:
  • may be cus your weighing them on a cardboard box and it'll flex a bit (dispersing the weight)? try putting the scales on the ground?

ha, and i have never liked physics 8)
  • marin_maniac
    marin_maniac Posts: 513
    Dura Ace wheels weighing in like bricks?

Are you kidding me?

At 1400 odd grams I'd be happy with them.

Nice build. Love the BMC frames.
  • nakita222
    nakita222 Posts: 341
    I saw this on WW, lovely colour scheme
  • bencolem
    Update, good to see that the Antares was bang on the claimed 145g (inner tubes were inside the tyres). I'm more bothered about this being a solid, durable, work-man-like build than anything else, but having built a Ti Litespeed to 13.4lbs last time I can't help myself but see if this comes in at 15lbs or not (reckon I should be just on it?)

DSCF1503.jpg

DSCF1504.jpg

DSCF1512.jpg

DSCF1513.jpg
  • bencolem
    Update:

DSCF1517.jpg

DSCF1518.jpg

DSCF1520.jpg

DSCF1521.jpg

DSCF1522.jpg
  • bencolem
    Rubbish pics of finished build (bar the rear brake - the adjuster barrel was missing!). Just done a 60 miler on it (with front brake only) and surprised how comfortable it was, hubs are awesome, top tube a bit wide when out of the saddle, undecided about the saddle, overall happy!

Oh, and I know the cages are gopping, just a stop-gap until I decide what I want.

DSCF1528.jpg
  • Supergoose
    Supergoose Posts: 1,089
    bencolem wrote:
    Rubbish pics of finished build (bar the rear brake - the adjuster barrel was missing!). Just done a 60 miler on it (with front brake only) and surprised how comfortable it was, hubs are awesome, top tube a bit wide when out of the saddle, undecided about the saddle, overall happy!

Oh, and I know the cages are gopping, just a stop-gap until I decide what I want.

Saddle is win, Tacx Tao black for the cages. Bike looks great.
    Rock 'n' Roule
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I think you have way too much time on your hands.............nice build BTW. :D
  • hairyleg
    hairyleg Posts: 134
    nice bike........do we need to guess the weight? 16.5lb :D
    This is not a race!!!!But I'm winning
    Canyon cf
    Cannondale caadx 9
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    hairyleg wrote:
    nice bike........do we need to guess the weight? 16.5lb :D

lol - I was just scrolling down for the last 20 minutes thinking "why doesn't he just weigh the finished bike" and lo, he doesn't :lol:

Nice colour scheme.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • bencolem
    Reassuring legal (without bottle cages) :wink: To be fair, feels more than 1.5lbs heavier than the Litespeed:

DSCF1556.jpg

DSCF1557.jpg
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    But what does the actual bike weigh (ie not the components added together!)
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Zachariah
    Zachariah Posts: 782
    Yeah, don't forget all those grams of sweat and oil from your hands - and dust!

PS Nice bike there.
  • leonardoA
    leonardoA Posts: 5
    bencolem wrote:
    Reassuring legal (without bottle cages) :wink: To be fair, feels more than 1.5lbs heavier than the Litespeed:

DSCF1556.jpg

DSCF1557.jpg

Can you send me your number as I cannot reply to the PM you sent me, Thanks