my commie super 4

DodgeT
DodgeT Posts: 2,255
edited June 2011 in Your mountain bikes
Got back into biking again last Sep, after about 5 yrs out the saddle. Started off with a Land Rover Mezzana off ebay, cracking bike for £200 odd. That lasted about 2 months before I picked up an on one 456 frame off here, then swapped all the bits over. Liked that until my mate had a spesh FS on demo and stupidly I had a go... Next day, I'd bought this off a chap who worked at a bike shop....

Think only the frame is the std part left on it...

2010 frame (so no cracks hopefully)
RS pikes 454
Fox RP23
XT wheelset
SLX chainset 22-32-44
XT rear mech
Deore front mech
XT shifters
PG990 11-34 cassette
PC991 chain
Avid Juicy 5 brakes 185 front 160 rear
KS i900 with remote
Charge spoon
Superstar nano's
Easton monkey lite bars
Raceface evolve stem
Superstar lock on's
Maxxis minion DHF 2.35 front, High Roller exception 2.1 rear, on tubes at the mo

Keep thinking about what i could change to make it a bit lighter, but it's not too bad, think it's around the 30lb mark.

Anyway, here's a couple of pics. :D

STP63081-s.jpg

STP63086-s.jpg

Comments

• stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Not to depress you or owt but 2010 swinging arm.
    5742708587_c0f66b74d1_z.jpg

Commencal refuse to admit there is a problem but they did make a new strengthened swinging arm for the 2011 frame. :roll: Keep an eye on the welds on the inside of the chain stays next to the tyre where the box tube is welded to the casting. Chances are mine was a one off any bike frame can go pop.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • DodgeT
    Oops. I thought that the problems were in the main triangle, hence the re-design of the top tube etc.? Suppose they can go anywhere though..

Is that / was that your bike?

Just had a check, all seems good, fingers crossed.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Yes its my bike just waiting to hear about a warranty claim.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • DodgeT
    Fingers crossed they'll sort it for you quick.

You ride up rivvy don't you? I'll have to tap you up for some routes - I can see winter hill from my office window..