Edinburgh Bicycle Coop biks

big lewy
big lewy Posts: 35
edited June 2011 in Tour & expedition
Has anyone had any experience of the Revolution brand sold in this shop?

In an effort to source a sub-£600 road/hybrid bike for a friend, that could also do a C2C trip, I found a touring bike and cross bike on their site, and while both are clearly entry level, seem like good value.

Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Other alternatives so far-
-
Boardman Performance Comp Hybrid
Giant Rapid (though not really meant for carrying loads).

Comments

• andymiller
    andymiller Posts: 2,856
    Haven't got one myself, but they have a very good reputation and they've had good reviews.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    They seem to have a good reputation for decent entry level bikes, I've had a couple of their cheap MTBs over the years and they've been great for the money. I know people who have their touring bikes and are very happy with them.
  • thecrofter
    thecrofter Posts: 734
    Someone will come along with a horror story to prove me wrong, but I see loads of them about ( I live in Edinburgh) they seem well built. Some look like they get pretty hard commuter use and put up with it OK. They strike me as almost the antithesis of Halfords.
    You've no won the Big Cup since 1902!
  • RonL
    RonL Posts: 90
    My mate has one, had for around four years and done many miles and long multi day loaded trips on it. It is very comfortable, rolls well, stable and superb value and equipment for the money. C Plus have reviewed it in the past and there is also reference to it in the recent summer issue, 251 page 214 .

I ( and he) would thoroughly recommend it.
    Pedaling spans generations.