what is your prefered mental turbo training tunes?

ozzy1000_0
ozzy1000_0 Posts: 144
any offers? i've found i put out harder acute efforts with spotty adolesent metal;

slipknot
coal chamber
etc...

hard longer efforts are better with 90's grunge and derivative;

early nirvana; incesticide, in utero

foo fighters ect

Comments

• GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Low intensity: Radio 4

Medium intensity: Ministry of Sound Annual, disc 3, either 2010 or 2011.

High intensity: No tunes as I'm too busy hurting to pay any attention to anything.
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    I sometimes listen to Decapitated or Necrophagist if I want to destroy myself. If I just want to go really fast I'll listen to a drum and bass mix from dnbradio.com.
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • rdt
    rdt Posts: 869
    It's just the volume I vary, from loud to louder; the soundtrack remains the same: hard acid trance mixes circa mid- to late-90s - Choci's Chewns, Liberators DJs, Club 414, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIie_xxM ... re=related

I accept it probably helps if you were there....
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    Trivium for balls out effort
    Cheesey Dance for hard sustained effort (Basshunter, Cascada) :oops:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Low intensity - Real Peloton Podcast
    Med Intensity - an action film
    Intervals - Either techno/acid from the early/mid 90's (Things like Hardfloor, Eat Static, Aphex Twin etc) or whatevers on the Sufferfest videos...
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,802
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Aphex Twin

As much as I enjoy him I'd probably fall off the bike from confusion :D
  • ozzy1000_0
    ozzy1000_0 Posts: 144
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Low intensity - Real Peloton Podcast
    Med Intensity - an action film
    Intervals - Either techno/acid from the early/mid 90's (Things like Hardfloor, Eat Static, Aphex Twin etc) or whatevers on the Sufferfest videos...

discerning taste!!!! apex twin, eat static, hardfloor..... sounds like we went to all the same parties and festivals in the 90's!!
  • Anonymous
    Heh heh, I used to DJ too, I did two radio shows a week and used to do a Friday or Saturday night at the Student's Union spinning such choons...
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    GiantMike wrote:
    Low intensity: Radio 4

Medium intensity: Ministry of Sound Annual, disc 3, either 2010 or 2011.

High intensity: No tunes as I'm too busy hurting to pay any attention to anything.
    How on earth can you turbo to Radio 4 :shock: ? I think I'd have climbed off within 6 mintutes! (trance, all the way)
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    atari teenage riot
  • Anonymous
    atari teenage riot

I saw them live twice! End of '93/beginning of '94 IIRC. Once supporting Sheep on Drugs in Preston and the other time at a very small gig in Hull, where I chatted to them. I lurrrved they laydee. IIRC she was called Hanin. Very secksy :)
  • B3rnieMac
    B3rnieMac Posts: 384
    for all efforts: the Rocky IV Soundtrack
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,802
    NapoleonD wrote:
    atari teenage riot

I saw them live twice! End of '93/beginning of '94 IIRC. Once supporting Sheep on Drugs in Preston and the other time at a very small gig in Hull, where I chatted to them. I lurrrved they laydee. IIRC she was called Hanin. Very secksy :)

I built the Digital Hardcore Recordings website a loooooong time ago.
  • Herbsman
    Can anyone recommend some decent Youtube video playlists to watch while doing gentle rides on the rollers? I've run out of videos to watch.
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • Anonymous
    Get on cyclingtorrents.nl and download some races :)
  • Herbsman
    I'll try that, cheers.

How about recommendations for non-cycling vids? I suppose any recommendation would be a bit hit and miss for obvious reasons, but something like Peep Show but with guns would hit the spot