La Marmotte travel

canoas
canoas Posts: 307
With the public sector strikes planned for the 30th June, I gather anyone flying to France 30th is screwed & also Eurotunnel - with Border control staff joining the strike.

I'm flying out 1st July, god knows if that will be ok. Maybe there might be tons of queues at Heathrow!!!

NB: if travelling around this time to any European sportives......

Comments

• I got shafted by the cheese eating surrender monkey ATC'ers last summer flying to the Pyrenees

After 6 months of Etape training Im getting nervous

Is the 30th a 1 off or are more planned?

DOI: Public sector worker on 3y pay freeze, recent 10% salary cut, threatened pension and uncertain future.
  • canoas
    30th June is the start, then more strikes planned I've read, over summer period.
  • Fogliettaz
    Fogliettaz Posts: 180
    Just Drive it is alot easier and only 9 hours from Calais, I am for the e'tape.
  • glasgowbhoy
    glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
    Flying to Geneva on 30th. Go on the Swiss!
  • Flying to Geneva on 30th. Go on the Swiss!
    what do u mean?
  • Swan-Neck
    Swan-Neck Posts: 47
    I thought it was only spain that was striking!! Im flying to Nice on 30th June and hiring a car, will this disrupt my flight??
  • glasgowbhoy
    glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
    Flying to Geneva on 30th. Go on the Swiss!
    what do u mean?

Thought he was referring to the French striking, which wouldn't have much disruption to the Swiss, unless of course its French air traffic control striking and everyone is f*cked!
  • canoas
    most of the other posts are on the wrong route!!!

it's the British strike I'm talking about on the 30th, where there will be no border control working. Anyone flying out should reschedule I believe just in case, too risky.
  • canoas wrote:
    most of the other posts are on the wrong route!!!

it's the British strike I'm talking about on the 30th, where there will be no border control working. Anyone flying out should reschedule I believe just in case, too risky.

check with my airline and they know nothing of strikes on the 30th june to cause any disruption - that could mean they aint bothered to find out yet though. Its the PCS union who apparently have called a strike but not all immigration and border control workers are union members i suspect.

in addition i suspect border control at euro tunnel will likely suffer worse than airports
  • AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880
    Fogliettaz wrote:
    Just Drive it is alot easier and only 9 hours from Calais.
    +1