Canyon Nerve XC 8.0

Speckled Pants
Speckled Pants Posts: 118
edited June 2011 in Your mountain bikes
p1000394copy.jpg

p1000387copy.jpg

Was after a full suss which i could take to the alps and use mainly in the peak district and like lots of others took the plunge with the canyon.

Im very happy that i did now, i was torn between the AM and XC and wether to get black or red but in the end i think ive made the right decisions. The pictures on the website dont do the bike justice, infact i was a bit put off by them! But its actually a beautiful frame and i love the glossy red that i decided on.

Ive not given it a proper ride yet, just a couple of easy runs round my town but hopefully i'll be up the dark peak this weekend for some ladybower action.

If anybodys put off by the mail order only dont be, it was so simple and arrived well packaged and was a doddle to put together.

Im 6'1 and went for a large even though the online calculator recommended a medium and it feels just right for me

Comments

• @lexD
    @lexD Posts: 340
    Very nice totally agree with you it looks so much better in the flesh than on the website.

The canyon family continues to grow Now get out and thrash it 8)
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Sweet I couldnt decide between the XC 7.0 black or red. What made my mind up was the medium red was 6 weeks wait and the black was a week wait so no contest :lol:
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Welsh_Tom
    Welsh_Tom Posts: 571
    can not wait to get my am 6 only 2-3 weeks to go. but she looks lovely. my self i went for the black and white. how come you picked the xc over the am for alps?

happy about the szie... the site said i should of gone for the small. as i got a small back but long legs, i am 5,10 i went for the mid
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    Yes, I'll be up around Ladybower on Sunday on my AM, just got to pick my partners bike up from the shop in Hope beforehand.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • Glad you went for one of the good colours!

Most people seem to go with the blacks and greys whereas the oranges, greens and reds are much better!!
  • Welsh_Tom wrote:
    can not wait to get my am 6 only 2-3 weeks to go. but she looks lovely. my self i went for the black and white. how come you picked the xc over the am for alps?

happy about the szie... the site said i should have gone for the small. as i got a small back but long legs, i am 5,10 i went for the mid

Well the AM would have been perfect for the alps, but i feel a bit too much bike for the majority of the riding i'll be doing over here. There is some good downhills in the peaks that the AM would be great on, but overall i think the XC will be better suited. At the end of the day ive been using a hardtail for years with no problems so this is nice step up in travel anyway.
  • Glad you went for one of the good colours!

Most people seem to go with the blacks and greys whereas the oranges, greens and reds are much better!!

Deffo! i have a feeling they'll be loads of blacks knocking about, hopefully not so many red ones :P
  • Welsh_Tom
    Glad you went for one of the good colours!

i almost went for the am 5 just for the orange but the waiting list was like 8 weeks. the same with the green am 6 the wait for longer. but has been ended up being less then my black..... :cry:

only thing i dont like about the none black ones is the rocker is black whatever colour you go for.
  • Welsh_Tom
    Welsh_Tom wrote:

happy about the szie... the site said i should have gone for the small. as i got a small back but long legs, i am 5,10 i went for the mid

Well the AM would have been perfect for the alps, but i feel a bit too much bike for the majority of the riding i'll be doing over here. There is some good downhills in the peaks that the AM would be great on, but overall i think the XC will be better suited. At the end of the day ive been using a hardtail for years with no problems so this is nice step up in travel anyway.

thats cool, i only been rideing 2 months so i needed something that would last and give me many options to where to take my riding.