Trail centre's in and around Dorset?

Andyh4324
Andyh4324 Posts: 58
edited June 2011 in Routes
Just come back from Scotland after trying Kirroughtree and Glentrool. Both me and GF really enjoyed these places and wanted to find somewhere nearer home in Dorset. There is plenty of XC here but I like the idea of going to a centre occasionally for some purpose made stuff.

Have seen UK Bike Park mentioned somewhere. Is it any good? We tried the blues at the Stanes so are there any routes similar there? Or are there any better centre's in the area.?

Comments

• nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    Have a look on my website (in my sig below) for trail centres around the UK and you can look at the map to see ones nearest to you.
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • I dont know where you are in dorset? but Haldon isnt a million miles away (from parts of dorset) and the riding there is great! the official trails leave ALOT to be desired but if you look a little further there is epic riding to be had. Obviously its a small hill but well worth checking out. If you ever decide to venture down let me know I'd be happy to be a guide for a beer and a pie in the pub!
    Yeti SB66c 2013
  • Andyh4324
    Andyh4324 Posts: 58
    I dont know where you are in dorset? but Haldon isnt a million miles away (from parts of dorset) and the riding there is great! the official trails leave ALOT to be desired but if you look a little further there is epic riding to be had. Obviously its a small hill but well worth checking out. If you ever decide to venture down let me know I'd be happy to be a guide for a beer and a pie in the pub!

Somehow I overlooked Haldon. Not sure how I missed it on the maps i've seen. Will have a look at some info on it and probably make a trip in a few weeks..

Thanks