Marmotte Medal?

Helen C
Helen C Posts: 14
When I did L'Etape, I received a nice medal (bronze of course...) and was wondering if such a prize awaits me at the end of tis years La Marmotte. I have also read somewhere you just get a certificate. :cry:

Anyone the proud owner of either?

Comments

• APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    Just a certificate when I did it (if you can be bothered to queue up for one after the hardest ride of your life) I have got a Marmotte bidon though, which I assume was free in the goody bag. :)
  • mozwyn69
    mozwyn69 Posts: 170
    You did 4yrs ago but it cost 10 euro,
    Sometimes you have to lose yourself
    before you can find anything.
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    APIII wrote:
    Just a certificate when I did it (if you can be bothered to queue up for one after the hardest ride of your life) I have got a Marmotte bidon though, which I assume was free in the goody bag. :)

Not that word again.... queue arrrrrrh. Nove Colli you download the certificate off the website later and you get a medal handed out at the finish by some goddess. :lol:
  • ded
    ded Posts: 120
    I have both - certificate free, medal 10 euro (which is the same as your deposit on your timing chip that they give you back at the end, usefully enough). I did have to queue a wee bit, but 5mins at the end of a long day on the bike isn't so bad....
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    When I did the Marmotte 10 years ago, there was a stall at the finish with event poloshirts and sweat shirts/jumpers and I got a really nice white poloshirt with the event name woven into it at the breast pocket.
    But I had to pay for it.

Compared to most other sportives on the Continent, those ran by Sport Communication are pretty mean in terms of what (free) memorabilia they provide as part of the event.
    At others, without them being any more expensive, and in fact often cheaper, you might get a cycling jersey (or even jersey and shorts, at the Gruyere) and will at least get a T-shirt, towel (with the event name woven into it), or armlings.
    You might also pick up something else up, if they have a free tombola using bib numbers.
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    Ron Stuart wrote:
    APIII wrote:

Not that word again.... queue arrrrrrh. Nove Colli you download the certificate off the website later and you get a medal handed out at the finish by some goddess. :lol:

Oh! and also jersey 1st year, bib shorts 2nd year, gillet 3rd year and bib 3/4s 4th year I did the event. Haven't done it since. :)
  • term1te
    term1te Posts: 1,462
    I just swapped my timing chip for the medal at the end of the race, no queue or anything. There were three boxes with gold, silver and bronze medals in, you could take which ever you wanted. Obviously I took the one appropriate to my finishing time.

By the way the Gruyere cycling tour started charging extra for the bibshorts last year.
  • AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880
    I got medals in 2007 and 2008 but there's a small cost. But they're big medals, not titchy things like when you run a a10k.
  • Helen C
    Helen C Posts: 14
    Thanks al.l I am inspired to go for a medal now...