Miserable Monday Morning...

DIESELDOG
DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
edited June 2011 in The Crudcatcher
God this house is quiet when you're on your own.

Busy busy week at work to look forward to. Soon be the weekend.

Meh.

Love n hugs

DD
Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,898
    morning

Feeling a bit below par as I may have drank too much before, during & after the Elton John concert to numb the pain. Then got home & watched GP on iPlayer till 2am.

Today needs to be nice to me, but got a feeling it won't be!
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    hope it doesn't rain all day like yesterday..

work then footie practise.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • MissBint37
    MissBint37 Posts: 1,503
    Morning all!

I am in a relatively good mood despite an awakeness fail, the precipitation and heaps of work to do.

Went to see Hangover 2 yesterday, was actually OK. Not a must see by any means but definitely kept me interested and gave me an excuse to consume my own body weight in chocolate!

This week I have plannned; climbing, eating, business meetings, snowboarding, sex, catch up with good friends, Brass Eye/The Day Today TV marathon, more sex, KOL gig and a bike ride. For a working week, can't complain!!!!
    Ride it like you stole it!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i'm off up to north wales working again in a bit, gonna ride llandegla on the way up.

it's supposed to be getting nicer the further north you go so hopefully it'll be sunny when i get there :lol:

have a good day bumders :D
  • ol\'gregg
    ol\'gregg Posts: 612
    Got another 15 hour day today in the museum. Fun fun fun. I'm already flagging and in need of coffee and bacon but we're closed to the public on a Monday which means no restaurant to serve such delights. Well I say delights, what i really mean is over priced burnt stuff.
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning benders

Revision continues, I think I'm on the brink of going insane.

Spent most of yesterday evening watching the F1 and working out if I can: a) afford to buy a full suss with a decent spec or b) build one over the course of the next 6 months. The answer to both questions was probably not... so I'll do it anyway.

Going to watch The Apprentice You're Fired being filmed later so I get to know which of the imbeciles gets chucked out early :D

Laters
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Mornings

A couple of bikes to clean and prep for tomorrow. They got a proper clarting up after being out in the Peaks last night. Great ride though rain, mud, puddles almost forgot what it's like to cycle in anything other than dry conditions!

Other than that a Meh day but down to the Sheaf view for some beers tonight
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • Ransaka
    Ransaka Posts: 474
    Tired.
    Bored.
    At work.

Get trained on the laser cutter today though so that'll be interesting.
    No riding today though. Hopefully riding tomorrow but bored of the local trails at the moment, need motivation.
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Ransaka wrote:
    Tired.
    Bored.
    At work.

Get trained on the laser cutter today though so that'll be interesting.
    goldfinger_laser.jpg
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning

Work today, meh. Although PC has just frozen, the only thing that's working is Chrome. lols.

Date later...equally excited and nervous.

Not much doing this week, but that's open to change as always.

Laters
    FoxC
  • Still damp and wet here, threatening to rain again. Need to wash the bike and mow the lawn as its like a jungle but cant due to never ending rain.

Went to see X-Men origins last night. Quite good for what it is better than that last Wolverine nonsense, also saw the first Inbetweeners Movie trailer. Gunna be brilliant and clunge tastic.

Gotta pretend to work till Monday pub lunch beer & burger deal. Need motivation.

Snot green Canyon Nerve AM 8.0x
  • GhallTN6
    GhallTN6 Posts: 505
    Great ride yesterday, so I'm not chuffed to be in the office today, 10.30 and the enthusiasm is just not happening!
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    GhallTN6 wrote:
    Great ride yesterday, so I'm not chuffed to be in the office today, 10.30 and the enthusiasm is just not happening!

Enthusiasm...work...wossat?!
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Maanin ahl
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    welshkev wrote:
    i'm off up to north wales working again in a bit, gonna ride llandegla on the way up.

it's supposed to be getting nicer the further north you go so hopefully it'll be sunny when i get there :lol:

It's actually really nice here at the moment, bit of a wind, but it's all good.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Richie63 wrote:
    Great ride though rain, mud, puddles almost forgot what it's like to cycle in anything other than dry conditions!
    Very much this! But on a up note, no creaking groaning or any other weird noises from the beast! Wahooo!

Morning crudsacks
    Hungry and bored at work, i always keep mondays quiet but today is really quiet :?
    Sold the Jagwaaaaaar at the weekend so waiting for some bloke to come and pick it up, then i will be driving round the wifes "sensible" Toyota for potentially 6 months :roll:

On the upside i now have plenty of cash to put in my savings account...........or buy some really reallly nice wheels and put slightly less into the savings account, which i think in reality is whats going to happen.

Anywhoo i'm off to grab some tucker
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • crazy88
    crazy88 Posts: 560
    Nice one on selling the car mate, what kind of jag was it? Was this you giving the buyer a test drive?

http://www.videobash.com/video_show/unprepared-for-a-test-drive-28269?utm_source=Paulzz&utm_medium=PT&utm_campaign=paulzz-humoron

Had a mental day at work today, major project direction changes so this afternoon has taken a whole new toll too. Off to do some research now, buy buy.
    Out with the old, in with the new here.
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    MissBint37 wrote:
    Morning all!

This week I have plannned; ....... sex, .......... more sex,.......

If you need a hand with any of your plans, send a PM ;)

Afternoon y'all.

Feckin busy day again today. I've managed to sit at my computer for about 30 mins so far, think I'll go grab my dinner in a moment.
    The minion is back tomorrow, I think I shall make her get some pig related sandwiches to make up for all the work she's put me through.

Reattempting to bleed the Hayes tonight, hopefully this time I'll get a bit more out of them (by this, I mean any sort of friction!).

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Afternoon Homos

First day back at work today. Meh by the bucketfull.

Start date for the new job been pushed back now until July 4th, ghey!

Back to sleep, I mean work.
  • montevideoguy
    montevideoguy Posts: 2,271
    Well after standing in near pitch black for 3 hours, a nervous wait to see if I'd be successful and being in a queue which had one person advocating the bombing of state run children's hospitals ("they all end up thieves anyway") and a couple of women close to getting lynched as they kept fannying about when being served (3 people got served at other counter in time they were there...you could feel the rage building in everyone else as few tickets were left and 500 places selling em)...I got 2 tickets for the Copa Libertadores final
    Formally known as Coatbridgeguy
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    Alreet poofters !

Bit of a late one as still recovering from my stag do...alarmingly can still taste the donner I had in the early hours of Sunday morning when I burp....looking forward to the weekend already as missed the Tomac at the weekend....
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Afternoon chumps
    Spent the day packing and clearing the sheds in readiness for Fridays move only to be told the C*ntrywide Property Lawyers f**cktards in Cardiff haven't even sorted out enquiries that were sent 2 months ago despite saying they have. Apparently swearing and threatening to drive 350 miles to shove some f**k into the dumb c**ts doesn't help, but hey it made me feel better.

Now just waiting for the shipping email from merlin for my bargain sora group and pedals.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • welshkev
    welshkev wrote:

it was sunny and warm, cheers dude 8) mixed emotions about llandegla though, the black runs (although not really black imo) were really good, the rest was ok...but a good couple of hours fun was had :D

how'd you enjoy nant yr arian in the end?
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    what a superb monday that was.

didnt do a lot, had a brill gym session and now to make some hippy food for tea.

sold some ebay stuffs too which is nice and should mean i can be ordering a new droppy post soon.
  • Anonymous
    welshkev wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

it was sunny and warm, cheers dude 8) mixed emotions about llandegla though, the black runs (although not really black imo) were really good, the rest was ok...but a good couple of hours fun was had :D

how'd you enjoy nant yr arian in the end?
    I've always said Llandegla is great fun, but not worth travelling ages and ages JUST to ride there. (and you're right, the black sections are definitely not deservingly called "black" - actually, the red is nothing deserving a "red" grade either, but hey-ho).

Nant was ok, i definitely enjoyed myself.. The singletrack bits were good fun, but it felt like there was a lot of fireroad or doubletrack. So much, that I checked the map when I got home, and yep, there really IS a lot of it!
    The climbs aren't exactly challenging, maybe they should have made some steeper but shorter singletrack climbs or something?
    All in all, an enjoyable day out, but it didn't leave me with that "thing" that good trail centres have. Glentress, Inners, Coedy, Llandegla, Penmachno, and even the Marin trail, all have that "thing" that you remember them for - and as nice as NYA was, it didn't strike me like that, if you see what I mean.
  • welshkev
    yeah i get what you mean, i enjoyed the singletrack bits at nant loads, but (i only did the 16km summit trail) the long dull fireroad climb in the middle was just that - dull, if i was with a group maybe it would've been ok to have a chat etc but i get what you're saying :D
  • Gizmokev
    Gizmokev Posts: 146
    Rode the Marin Trail yesterday in the drizzle that would never stop.

Today has been spent nursing my knee as it is playing up something cronic....hope I havent damaged it.

FWIW I thought the Marin trail was meh.....yeah there are some nice bits but the climb to start just did me in for the rest of the journey....guess I need to work on my fitness or get a lighter bike than a Norco 6....the downhill bits were great fun though and thats when the bike came alive.

All in all Monday has been ok save for the achy knee.
  • Anonymous
    Marin trail is boring, but it has it's own character. A lot of people, inexplicably, love it.