Thread Deleted

NWLondoner
NWLondoner Posts: 2,047

Comments

• P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
    Well it depends, doesn't it? If you are hoping to race, then you're in trouble. If you plan to ride at 17mph for a couple of hours then you're doing alright.
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    NWLondoner wrote:
    Today i did a ride using my new edge 800.

For a 50km ride this is what my stats were.

http://app.strava.com/rides/west-716975

Distance 51.0 km
    Elevation Gain 356 m
    Elapsed Time 02:05:00
    Moving Time 01:52:36
    Resting Time 00:12:24
    Average Speed 27.2 km/h
    Max Speed 55.4 km/h
    Average HR141 bpm
    Max HR 176 bpm
    Average Cadence 81.31
    Max Cadence 148
    Power 144 watts

I have not been able to do as much riding ad i have wanted this year and therefore feel that these stats are pretty p*ss poor. Am i being too harsh on myself of bang on??

Looks like you have bought a power meter / cadence monitor / hr monitor but don't know how to analyse the data. So I'd agree with P Tucker, you're in trouble.

For a start, don't judge your ability on the data from one ride! For god's sake! Get a couple of month's worth of data so you can track your performance over that period of time.

Don't just use the meter/monitor to look at what you did later on. Use it during the ride to monitor the amount of work you're doing. Know what your goals are and use the device to help you achieve them. Say for example if after a few rides you know you can put out x watts for y minutes, you can use the meter to help you to steadily improve on that.

There are loads of guides on the web explaining how to use a power meter for training - search for them and start reading.
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    Although you've deleted your original post for some reason,

Cycling Tips is a good place to start

As is Training4cyclists.com
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    Thanks for info

I meant to delete earlier as i realised stupid question but got sidetracked