My Voodoo Bantu (and my couch, cushions, sons toys etc etc)

snowden_88
snowden_88 Posts: 174
edited June 2011 in Your mountain bikes
My 1st bike in 10 years. Well worth waiting for the 16 inch frame, fits loads better than the 18.

Iv took the reflectors off and the bell.

So what to upgrade? Preferably to make it lighter?

photo0090ra.jpg
"it's like a gift, you know? It's like I can't control it"

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Jake151 wrote:
    Pedals. But other than that nothing. Its a good bike for the money just get out and ride and replace things as they break.
    I concurr. If you're buying a bike, then immediately upgrading, you've bought the wrong bike to start with.
  • snowden_88
    [/quote]
    I concurr. If you're buying a bike, then immediately upgrading, you've bought the wrong bike to start with.[/quote]

Not really. Im pretty sure that all bikes under £400 aren't perfect in every aspect. Find me one that is?

I brought the Voodoo because its spec is great for £316 (discounts), I love the style compared to other bikes in my budget and the fork is better than those cheaper Suntours.

I only want to knock of about 1.5kg. Its at 14.5kg at the moment.
  • Anonymous
    No bike is perfect. We choose the ones we like the spec of, or save until we get what we really want.
    You're obviously unhappy with what you've bought if your immediate response is to ask people where else you should spend money.

Ride it for a bit, replace things as they wear out, or as you find them holding you back.
  • Anonymous
    Jake151 wrote:
    Pedals. But other than that nothing. Its a good bike for the money just get out and ride and replace things as they break.
    I concurr. If you're buying a bike, then immediately upgrading, you've bought the wrong bike to start with.

Or perhaps you didn't have an unlimited budget. So brought the best bike you could afford, that best fitted you needs at the time.
  • Anonymous
    And then spent MORE money in it, immediately? Gimme a break.

It's a nice bike. It's the weekend. Go ride it.
  • Anonymous

Well, yeah. That bit goes with out saying.
  • snowden_88
    And then spent MORE money in it, immediately? Gimme a break.

Budget was £400ish. got the bike for £80 less than that means I have £80 to play with.

As if I had to justify that.
  • KitsuneAndy
    KitsuneAndy Posts: 164
    As said above, get some decent pedals, that's it.

Check out superstar's offerings maybe.

Other than that, upgrade when things need replacing, no point until then.
  • wellgo mg1 pedals and maybe some light tyres if they're wire
  • Plod
    Plod Posts: 42
    Looks very nice. Like the colours. Disc brakes on a bike that cheap. Seems like a good deal. Well done.