Just built Nukeproof Mega

2110leigh
2110leigh Posts: 9
edited September 2011 in Your mountain bikes
Here is the first pics of my Nukeproof Mega, Just finished this and have only covered a few miles so far but what a machine pedals really well uphill and what a machine downhill.

I got this from Lodge cycles (www.lodgecycles.co.uk), Great support from Des and Kate.

The component list is below:-

Forks = rochshox sektor
Crank = SLX
Brakes = saint caliper & XT levers & Goodridge hose's
Bars = Nukeproof warhead 760mm
Stem = 50mm superstar Zephir
Pedals = Crankbrothers Mallets
Shifters = SLX
Front Mech = XT
Rear Mech = XT
Headset = Nukeproof Warhead
Front wheel = hope pro 2 20mm axle, Sun ringle rim, Maxxis minnon tyre
Back Wheel = Nuke proof 135mm 12mm maxle hub with nuke proof race rim, Maxxis minnon tyre
seat post = Crank brothers Joplin 3

5799865174_13fb6c4f82.jpg
5799301317_e40248bd5d.jpg
5799303375_8f4ca23fcf.jpg
5799310029_81d05afa68.jpg
5799307623_098e2062b4.jpg
5799855600_217fcc226a.jpg

Comments

• nice beast, how do find the sektor forks, thinking of getting some to replace my pikes
  • Time.to.ride
    Time.to.ride Posts: 463
    what do you think of the goodridge hoses are they worth the money> thinking of replacing my jucey 3 cables with some ?
  • 2110leigh
    nice beast, how do find the sektor forks, thinking of getting some to replace my pikes

The sektors are great can't fault them I run the solo air version. Really plush and at a good price.
  • 2110leigh
    what do you think of the goodridge hoses are they worth the money> thinking of replacing my jucey 3 cables with some ?

The hoses are good, they do make a difference as they do not expand as much, just make sure you use a good quality hydraulic oil to get the best out of them.

The clear hoses look great also
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Lovely people ain't they Des and Kate.

Smart looking machine interested in these bikes, as there components in my veiw have been really good :)
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Such a nice bike! Love those frames!

Definitely something I'd consider if I ever decide to part with my current steed and build something a bit lighter and more AM oriented.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • Here is an update on the nuke proof mega project bike.

Just purchased a cane creek double barrel shock for the bike can't wait to fit it.
    203mm floating rotors front and back
    Sun line 80mm AM stem
    Sun line V1 handle bars
    XTR shifters
    Blackspire chain set 24/36t and blackspire ring god bash guard

:D
  • 2110leigh wrote:

The hoses are good, they do make a difference as they do not expand as much, just make sure you use a good quality hydraulic oil to get the best out of them.

I call BS on that... braided hoses are lovely, but standard hoses don't expand at all. I've run all sorts of outer and there are things that are far more effective than braided hoses for improving braking. If you've noticed a difference then it is much more likely to be contaminated pads or a dodgy bleed than the "upgrade" to braided hoses.

(Disclamer: I've run lots of different hoses on lots of different brakes and it makes sod all difference other than aesthetics)
  • 2110leigh wrote:

I call BS on that... braided hoses are lovely, but standard hoses don't expand at all. I've run all sorts of outer and there are things that are far more effective than braided hoses for improving braking. If you've noticed a difference then it is much more likely to be contaminated pads or a dodgy bleed than the "upgrade" to braided hoses.

(Disclamer: I've run lots of different hoses on lots of different brakes and it makes sod all difference other than aesthetics)

I would disagree, used decent braided hoses and they have firmed up some brakes plenty add more noticble bite. And yes they were bled correctly before swapping :)