Any riders in Skipton?

Comments

• Wobblehead
    Wobblehead Posts: 264
    yep. had a great time yesterday, thanks for the day out!

How's the tat?
  • Wobblehead
    CharlieH wrote:
    Been looking around for routes too and this website looks good
    http://www.mtbthedales.org.uk/mtb-home/ ... aroute.htm
    I have tracklogs so will hopefully be able to download and print some of them if anyones up for it?

Done the Tour of Nidderdale, or a derivative of it, gracking route, longish day out with some 1 in 4 ascents up to Middlesmoor.
  • CharlieH
    CharlieH Posts: 410
    Wobblehead wrote:
    CharlieH wrote:
    I have tracklogs so will hopefully be able to download and print some of them if anyones up for it?

Done the Tour of Nidderdale, or a derivative of it, gracking route, longish day out with some 1 in 4 ascents up to Middlesmoor.

But what about the descents ;) (that's the only bits I'm ok at, lol)
  • Wobblehead
    CharlieH wrote:
    Wobblehead wrote:
    CharlieH wrote:

But what about the descents ;) (that's the only bits I'm ok at, lol)

What goes up........

Some good fast descents on twin track with a bit of tecky stuff too.
  • clodhoppa74
    clodhoppa74 Posts: 331
    Wobblehead wrote:

How's the tat?

think it's going to be alright mate, can still see it through the gravel rash so as long as i look after it it won't take too much off. i'll get it touched up when i get more done later anyway.

it's the pitying looks i've getting off carol that hurts more ;)
  • CharlieH
    Wobblehead wrote:

How's the tat?

think it's going to be alright mate, can still see it through the gravel rash so as long as i look after it it won't take too much off. i'll get it touched up when i get more done later anyway.

it's the pitying looks i've getting off carol that hurts more ;)

But everyone knows chicks dig scars ;)
  • woodytitan
    woodytitan Posts: 163
    Charlie-I've just realised I drive past Stainburn on my way to and from work everyday, would you be up for a meet sometime when summer hits for real??
    '11 Cannondale Trail SL3
  • CharlieH
    Stainburn is my nemesis, only done it once and it scared the living pants off me :) But that was when I used spd's so I'm toying the idea of having another go with flats (and body armour + full face helmet) and see if I'm any better second time around
  • psymon01
    psymon01 Posts: 46
    Isn't there some more 'tame' trails over the road from the carpark at stainburn?

I to drive past it quite often....tempted to chuck the bike in the van and have a go on the way home.
  • CharlieH
    Supposed to be but last time I ventured across the road the "marked" trail was awful and we ended up walking half of it, then giving up and heading home. I'm not sure if the FC were doing clearing work so may have to revisit again. There is a pump track somewhere but we never found it so maybe we didn't venture far enough
  • CharlieH
    psymon01 wrote:
    I to drive past it quite often....tempted to chuck the bike in the van and have a go on the way home.

If you do, give me a shout and I might pop up as it's only 20 mins from my house
  • psymon01
    Will do.

I'm away this weekend but thinking of going for a ride somewhere next week after work.

There is a pump track near me - it is a bit 'hush hush' but if anybody comes for a ride in Ilkley we could check it out.
  • CharlieH
    It's all gone a bit quiet on here? Anyone up for a weekday evening ride or a ride out next Saturday?
  • psymon01
    Hi Charlie, I'll be about on Saturday - got any ideas?
  • CharlieH
    My wife bought me a couple of route books for my birthday so lots of xc routes to try. Or there's always Dalby?
  • Andy2603
    Andy2603 Posts: 32
    Away on various courses until next week, maybe next weekend at friendly Gisburn? Everybody free?? 19th maybe? I can use it as a fathers Day Present!
  • CharlieH
    Hopefully be free the 19th too but will let you know. Need to get back the confidence from my crash a few weeks ago!
  • psymon01
    I'd like to do Dalby but I don't think my legs would be up to it! Plus my car is running on fumes at the minute and I don't get paid for another week :cry:

Still up for a ride though.....I'll also keep the 19th free.[/quote]
  • Wobblehead
    Cant do 19th, have a good one.
  • CharlieH
    psymon1 - fancy doing bolton abbey/embsay then?
  • psymon01
    Sounds good to me. Got someone coming to look at my boiler in the morning so any time after 12 would be good
  • CharlieH
    Sounds good. Will text you to sort times etc
  • bazmundo
    bazmundo Posts: 20
    Hey, if OK I would like to tag along on the ride tomorrow, if so could you give me a shout with the details.
  • CharlieH
    Bazmundo- due to the A59 between Harrogate and Bolton abbey being closed we're off out on Ilkley moor instead. I'm hoping to meet at Simons house in Ilkley so if you still want to join us drop me a text on 07763 722410 and I'll sort out with Simon where to meet up. We're aiming for about 1pm start
  • psymon01
    How about meeting here at around 1315 - 1330ish?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF ... a3bfb46b89
  • CharlieH
    That looks good, see you there
  • bazmundo
    bazmundo Posts: 20
    That works for me too - see you tomorrow
  • CharlieH
    Great ride yesterday and good to meet you Matt. Really good ride to regain the confidence, despite the comedy fall into the reeds ;)
  • psymon01
    CharlieH wrote:
    Really good ride to regain the confidence, despite the comedy fall into the reeds ;)

If only I had a camera :lol:

Judging by today's weather I think we did very well!
  • CharlieH
    psymon01 wrote:
    CharlieH wrote:
    Really good ride to regain the confidence, despite the comedy fall into the reeds ;)

If only I had a camera :lol:

Judging by today's weather I think we did very well!

I wouldn't mind but I've got 6 of them!!!!

Right about the weather though, very lucky!