whats best for energy/recovery/weight loss

star-trails
star-trails Posts: 68
only just started bike riding and finding it hard on my body , does anybody have any tips for products that can help me lose weight,ache recovery etc...

many thanks

amy
xxx

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    only just started bike riding
    [mechanic voice] Well, THERE'S your problem[/mechanic voice]

Keep riding, you'll build strength and endurance, then it becomes second nature.
  • mattyg2004
    mattyg2004 Posts: 196
    My first outing was only 2 miles on a FS and I couldnt sit down without pain for nearly a week.

Ride more it'll get easier. Then when its easier you can make it hard again
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    edited June 2011
    Apparently eating protein and drinking water straight after a workout aids recovery and reduces the hunger pangs later. I started knocking back a can of tuna and a pint of water straight after a ride/run but i am not sure if is helping or if I just got fitter and more used to it but I do not get the munchies later in the evening all evening now that’s for sure. So as far as weight loss goes that'l help.
  • GTI
    GTI Posts: 6
    interesting recovery diet Mojo_666 :D
  • AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    Protein has the handy advantage of greater satiety per kcal than other macronutrients (carbs having the least). So it is likely to fill you up. But I'd avoid eating too much tuna due to heavy metal contamination concerns.
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • Mojo_666
    AidanR wrote:
    Protein has the handy advantage of greater satiety per kcal than other macronutrients (carbs having the least). So it is likely to fill you up. But I'd avoid eating too much tuna due to heavy metal contamination concerns.

Yeah read about that, I love the stuff can you recomend some other quick high protien snacks to replace the tuna with so I can alternate?
  • AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    Um, nothing definitive! Personally I'm a fan of eggs as post-workout food, but that depends on your views as to whether dietary fat is the evil it's been made out to be over the past 4 decades.
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • aaronmroach
    aaronmroach Posts: 341
    Low fat protein shakes made up with Skimmed or 1% milk........

Or try

http://www.maximuscle.com/promaxdiet

Did me the world of good while on detatchment with work!!!!
  • Mojo_666
    I have some of the maximsucle stuff as it happens, but it just aint food. ;)

Will get back on tho.....if it works it works.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    AidanR wrote:
    But I'd avoid eating too much tuna due to heavy metal contamination concerns.
    metalfan.gif:lol:
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    I obviously need to get out more - I can't believe that actually made me chuckle :lol:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Tank-slapper
    Tank-slapper Posts: 968
    Protein is good, but you also need some carbohydrates to replace the energy used. The healthiest way to get these is to eat an apple or orange, but a piece of cake would work just as well. The important thing is to eat as soon as you have finished exercising, no longer than 30 minutes after anyway.