giant nrs 2 ? anybody had one ?

the minch
the minch Posts: 17
edited June 2011 in MTB buying advice
got offered a giant nrs 2 for £100 in very good condition was thinking of using it as a second bike, its red in colour not sure of year but has hydraulic disc brakes, michelin tyres and from photo looks pretty nice, anybody know anything about em ?

Comments

• Not sure if this is too late, but I have only just joined. I have a 2005 NRS2 and as an infrequent mountain biker (casual rides once a month - events two to three a year) it has served me well. I've changed the pads and cables since I bought it (number of times), but never had it serviced - perhaps bad I know, but couldn't really afford to get a full bike service for £100+. The rear shock is showing its age, but that might just be through lack of servicing, although I have kept the bike in as good as condition that I can with my limited MTB workshop skills.
  • realnumber 1
    realnumber 1 Posts: 675
    Good bikes, my mate had one for years....
    £100 is a bargain tbh even if it does require a little work to get it up to scratch! The rear sus was developed by Renault Sport iirc and is meant to be run without/or very little sag.
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    I have an NRS 1, and have been very happy with it. Never let me down.
    The rear is best run without sag.
    I'd buy it. :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!