Pimped Trek

canbakay
canbakay Posts: 282
edited June 2011 in Your road bikes
5763437774_5b284e7529_b.jpg
Trek by canbakay

Started off pretty stock, not so much now - wheels don't really belong on her but once in a while they switch over - really does transform the bike!

She was dolled up for a London-Brighton ride today but the weather didn't permit.

7.4 kg or so at the moment.
Dogma
Madone
R3
Point Reyes
Raleigh Burner
Boris

Comments

• Poulsy
    Poulsy Posts: 155
    Really nice looking bike. Think the saddle angle looks a bit wrong to me though.
  • Berk Bonebonce
    Berk Bonebonce Posts: 1,245
    It is surprising how so many new to the sport want to angle their saddle down in that fashion. What is even more surprising are the twerps who come on and say things like: "Oh, if you do not get any injuries with a saddle like that, you stick with it".
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym Posts: 1,032
    as above - get a spirit level on that saddle sharpish....
  • aReN
    aReN Posts: 39
    Leaving aside the angle of the saddle, this is a beautiful bike. I would have went for black handlebar tape though, but that's just my taste.
  • canbakay
    canbakay Posts: 282
    chill, saddle angle work its that simple, I was fitted for me.

thank you! the bar tape goes white in the summer and black in the winter, the lizard skin is really a test for the new bike, so far 50k + rain = as new! was hesitant at first because of the artificial look in photos but I couldn't be happier!
    Dogma
    Madone
    R3
    Point Reyes
    Raleigh Burner
    Boris
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym Posts: 1,032
    canbakay wrote:
    chill, saddle angle work its that simple, I was fitted for me.

are you saying you had a bike fit and that was the angle they came up with..??
  • Lemond75
    Lemond75 Posts: 75
    For the sake of everyone on this forum please let us know who did your bike fit so the rest of us can avoid them like the plague.
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    That's a really nice looking bike. Great detailing. If the saddle angle works for you that's all that matters - very TT.

Not sure why but when I first looked at it the first thing that came into my head was the Chinese carbon frame thread.
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Lemond75 wrote:
    For the sake of everyone on this forum please let us know who did your bike fit so the rest of us can avoid them like the plague.

+1!
  • Bill-87
    Bill-87 Posts: 155
    Really nice looking, I like the finish on the paintwork.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Nice looking bike - I like it :D
  • Matt the Tester
    Matt the Tester Posts: 1,261
    very nice bike! what on earth is wrong with that saddle people? mine is of a similiar angle and its SUPER comfy. personal prefrence.

enjoy it :)
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • Similarly I find that riding with the saddle slightly angled (yet maybe not so severe as the one pictured) can help on long ascents where a lot of the time I am out of the saddle and having it angled as such makes it easier to get back in when easing out of steep sections.

My cycle to university is 5 miles downhill on which I have the saddle level and the journey back is steep uphill upon which I angle the saddle with the nose slightly down so i can keep my weight forward whilst climbing.

I guess it just falls down to personal preference however, which ever way you feel most comfortable. I wouldn't stick with it like that unless you have tried it level? If you have, then whatever works for you :D

Lovely looking bike by the way, loving the black finish on the frame!
    I build it. I ride it. That's how I roll.
  • sfichele
    sfichele Posts: 605
    Nice bike! But that saddle angle :shock:
  • Zoomer37
    Zoomer37 Posts: 725
    Jesus the Saddle Angle Police are out in force on this one.

I'd imagine the OP has ridden this a few times and if he wasn't comfortable then he'd adjust it.
  • machman
    machman Posts: 53
    Sorry, look at stable, more money than sense!!
    Saddle wrong!
  • Percy Vera
    Percy Vera Posts: 1,103
    I'm not sure if anyone has said, but your saddle needs to be levelled
  • leeroy72
    leeroy72 Posts: 330
    Its not about the saddle angle - the bike looks mint, enjoy it pal. 8)
    Find your limits...and then exceed them frequently
  • Anonymous
    You shouldn't have a saddle that forces you forwards as it puts undue pressure on the upper body and wrists. It also affects the balance/handling of the bike. And it looks sh1t.
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    If he finds it to be comfortable, then what is the problem?

People worry too much about other peoples stuff. Give it a rest.
  • Anonymous
    If you post a pic of a bike on here, expect to get it it critiqued... A lot...
  • RowCycle
    RowCycle Posts: 367
    Jeez, chill guys.

Maybe this guy has bigger cahonies and needs a bit more clearance at the front afforded by the saddle tilt. Maybe he's a retard and hasn't a clue what he is doing.

Either way, you try a few different, decide on the one is the best for you and go with it.
  • Anonymous
    This is the 'your road bikes' section.

Unless it confirms to RoadNazi standards, it's going to get, I believe the term is, 'flamed'...

Not least by me...

;)
  • HTL
    HTL Posts: 23
    Very nice mate, I have the 3.1. On seeing this I wish I spent a little bit more and got yours. However, I do love the Madone frame, so not too bitter :wink:
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I really love the colour scheme on this one.

And that's one hell of a stable you have there! What is it: one for club runs, one for crits/racing, one for sportives and the Marin for trails?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/