Fully Restored GT XCR 1000 (Retro)

mickeygtlover
mickeygtlover Posts: 47
edited June 2011 in Your mountain bikes
Hi All,

I actually posted this yesterday but for some reason along with 8 other posts they have been removed?

This is my fully restored GT XCR 1000.

Would be brilliant to get your thoughts

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63660801@N04/5795067522/

MIckey

Comments

• Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Doesnt the seatpost smack into the shock?
  • Briggo wrote:
    Doesnt the seatpost smack into the shock?

Hi,

No the idrive system was designed so that the bike pivots, so all of the rear goes down, the gap that is there now between seatpost and shock always remains.
  • stuisnew
    stuisnew Posts: 366
    How do you find your i-drive? Always wanted to try ne, very marmite (love/hate) by all accounts.
  • stuisnew wrote:
    How do you find your i-drive? Always wanted to try ne, very marmite (love/hate) by all accounts.
    Hi Stu,

I didnt find it or buy it so to speak all of the GT's XCR's where built with this system. I have the very first XCR 1000 however there has been many more since. I know what you are saying about the marmite comment and to be honest they have to be setup correctly with a decent enough rear shock otherwise they can be a bit of a nightmare, however now this has been done i wouldnt swap it for the world, even some of the guys i ride with with hardtails who have been against full sussers all of their lives are talking about giving one a try.

If you ride full suss at the moment i would definately recommend giving one of these a try.
  • stuisnew
    stuisnew Posts: 366
    I'm a hardtail boy as don't have the terrain locally for a full suss. Would like to try the I drive though. Always liked gts :D
  • stuisnew wrote:
    I'm a hardtail boy as don't have the terrain locally for a full suss. Would like to try the I drive though. Always liked gts :D

Yeah to be fair i am quite lucky as we have some wonderful terrain near me. If your ever going for a ride in the midlands drop me a line.
  • Nick Cod
    Nick Cod Posts: 321
    Old school GTs love em or hate em. I was fortunate enough to be invited along to a GT Schwinn test day at Thetford forest when I worked for a well known store starting with H.

The Idrive had only just been released but we were shown the concept behind it and given the opportunity to test ride later in the day. They're not bad bikes but quite heavy from what I remember, but a definite improvement on the LTS and GTS series before.

As an old school full sus a fine choice and you've certainly put some work into the restoration. May you have many happy hours on the trails
    2016 Cube Agree C:62 SLT DISC
    2013 Cayo Evo 3
    2013 Zesty 414
    2002 Avalanche 0.0
    2018 Vitus Substance v2 105 Gravel
  • I have a proper retro GT at home :lol:

A 1995 GT Outpost in a lovely shade of dark green! Complete with upgraded forks which are RST Mozo 3.5's in yellow.

Of course it has various brightly coloured anodised bits on it to complete the mid-90's look!

I might have to hang it on the wall actually.
    2011 Santa Cruz Heckler
    2004 DMR Sidekick
    1995 GT Outpost
    1980's Random Cyclo-X bike
  • kaytronika
    kaytronika Posts: 580
    Liking the I-Drive, I'd love to build one up myself, Mrs Kay gives me evils whenever I mention it though :lol:

I have a '94 Timberline that still gets regular rides out.
    --
    '09 Carrera Fury
    '94 GT Timberline FS
    '89 Saracen Tufftrax