Derby Merc RR 5th June

Tom Butcher
Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
edited June 2011 in Amateur race
Organiser is looking for more entries - just short of 50 so far.

This isn't in the printed calendar but it is on the web :
http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/67202/Derby-Mercury-Summer-Road-Race

It's a rolling circuit with a hill finish.

It'll have NEG support, car park next to HQ, nice safe circuit (no serious accidents in 4 years of us organising on here) - what more can you ask !

Closing date is supposed to be this weekend but if you get an entry in soon you should be OK. It is part of the West Midlands League but anyone can enter - you don't have to be part of that league.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.

Comments

• Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    I was tempted but as it's a 2/3/4 I'll probably get dropped before the finish
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • Thick Tester
    Thick Tester Posts: 380
    Already entered....
    I've fled the terror that is Bole Hill to do this, only to find another kin illy finish ! so lets see what happens :)
  • wheeler585
    wheeler585 Posts: 552
    Entry in the post, you still have places left tom?
    Up hup hup hup.....fricking hate that!
  • JAnglesea
    JAnglesea Posts: 28
    Hi wheeler,

I'm a club-mate of Tom and actually organising the race. There are still places available (about 20 at the moment) so you will get a ride.

I have already sent out a provisional start list but I will mail out another one once the race is full or in the week leading up to the race.

Cheers,
    John.
  • JAnglesea
    Just to bump this, the Derby Mercury Summer RR is happening on Sunday, 10am. Start list here:
    http://tinyurl.com/dmrcsrr

I have 66 entries and a permit for 80 riders so will be taking entries on the line.

Regional A 2/3/4 cat race with NEG support on a good circuit around Hanbury, nr. Burton-on-Trent, Staffs.

Drop me an email if you would like to ride the event.

Cheers,
    John.
    john.anglesea@gmail.com
  • MikeWW
    MikeWW Posts: 723
    Went up to cheer a few of the riders on today
    Looked a good race-tough finish!!!!!
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    BIG UP HALESOWEN! :D

Nice win by Matt Clarke.
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • Good race. I enjoyed it. The climb to the finish was, errr, how can I put this? A proper ****

Thanks for organising.
  • JAnglesea
    Glad you enjoyed it. I understand Hanbury Hill was a categorised climb in the Milk Race in years gone by.

We are having to move our late season road race away from Hanbury to the East Leake course near Loughborough due to major roadworks on the circuit.

We are actually looking to move the race to somewhere more local to Derby next season but it's tempting to keep it at Hanbury as it's a good circuit. If we put on two road races again we will probably keep at least one at Hanbury.

Cheers,
    John.