File under 'Mystery'.

Aggieboy
Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
edited June 2011 in The bottom bracket
Mrs Aggie has just opened a brand new factory boxed set of books. Opened one up to read and out fell two pristine £5 notes and a pristine £20 note. The set was £55 reduced to £8 as well.

The End.
"There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."

Comments

• pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    When she gets back from the police station, after handing in the lost money, you can make her a nice cup of tea as a reward. You could even break open the chocolate digestives you were saving for the Vicar, since she has been so honest. :wink:

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• Aggieboy
    pneumatic wrote:
    When she gets back from the police station, after handing in the lost money, you can make her a nice cup of tea as a reward. You could even break open the chocolate digestives you were saving for the Vicar, since she has been so honest. :wink:

Nah mate, have to correct you. It wasn't lost, it was found.

As Mrs Aggie happened to run the BUPA race in London today, to equip a boat for the disabled in our area to use, that's where's it's going.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Mr Dog
    Mr Dog Posts: 643
    Thats X Files stuff. Spooky.. :shock: Maybe it was some kinda code.

You could always complain to Wiggle about the free cash in their publications.
    Why tidy the house when you can clean your bike?
  • Aggieboy
    Mr Dog wrote:
    Thats X Files stuff. Spooky.. :shock: Maybe it was some kinda cash.

Bloody predictive spelling a? FTFY.
  • Tom M
    Tom M Posts: 37
    Now, maybe I've read too much Victorian crime fiction but there seems to be a couple of salient points that raise an eyebrow.

It's difficult to imagine the circumstances whereby the notes would find their way into the books, but as you suggest this could probably only happen at the printers where they would be boxed.

You also mention the pristine nature of the notes, almost like new?

Putting two and two together and making a rather wild conjecture, this seems a little odd. I'm not terribly aware of the process of producing banknotes, but I'm pretty sure that somewhere along the line you would require a printing press, like one you may find at say... a printers?

If I still had the notres I would cast my over them carefully in comparison to others of the same type, and maybe even see if a bank might have a look at them.

Product of my vivid imagination most likely though.
  • oscar-j
    oscar-j Posts: 269
    Tom M wrote:
    Now, maybe I've read too much Victorian crime fiction but there seems to be a couple of salient points that raise an eyebrow.

It's difficult to imagine the circumstances whereby the notes would find their way into the books, but as you suggest this could probably only happen at the printers where they would be boxed.

You also mention the pristine nature of the notes, almost like new?

Putting two and two together and making a rather wild conjecture, this seems a little odd. I'm not terribly aware of the process of producing banknotes, but I'm pretty sure that somewhere along the line you would require a printing press, like one you may find at say... a printers?

If I still had the notres I would cast my over them carefully in comparison to others of the same type, and maybe even see if a bank might have a look at them.

Product of my vivid imagination most likely though.

Fcuk that -spend,spend,spend!!! :lol:
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    Perhaps the fraudulent banknote scam involves creating false book orders, addressed to the criminal, into which shipments can be inserted the nefarious wonga.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I think someone has rumbled the money printing scam where they work. They want to tip off the authorities, but daren't for fear of repercussion. So they sneak some of the hot cash into Mrs Aggieboy's new book in the hope that the recipient will work everything out! Rather than spending it at John Lewis.

That or we're seeing a modern version of 'Great Expectations'. If £1 coins fall out of your Christmas crackers...
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Perhaps the shipment of books was headed to an inmate at a local prison. 8)
  • Aggieboy
    Pokerface wrote:

It was cash not cosh.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

It was cash not cosh.

Nor hash.

love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • Aggieboy
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

It was cash not cosh.

Nor hash.

love n hugs

DD

Nor gash.
  • DIESELDOG
    Sorry Aggie, using laptop, keep missing the right notes...

Love n hugs

DD

• MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    DIESELDOG wrote:

Love n hugs

DD
    Bloody hell, she's back !!!
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Could have been worse,imagine if the wifes knickers had done the same.
  • DIESELDOG
    MattC59 wrote:
    DIESELDOG wrote:

Love n hugs

DD
    Bloody hell, she's back !!!

Sorry Matt, missed me already? I'm on the Isle of Skye at the mo. Fabulous B&B called Cairn View, just outside Dunvegan. Shame we have to leave tomorrow.
    Back to reality and all that

love n hugs

DD