What is the best and most comfortable shorts for a women?

newburb_1968
newburb_1968 Posts: 114
edited June 2011 in Road buying advice
What is the best and most comfortable shorts for a women?
I have looked at my other halfs shorts and the padding seems to be very very thing around the bump area compared to most men shorts and we have had a look at a few and it seems like there is limited padding or the area just don't cover the area.

Therefore any good buys with a decent amount of padding?
thanks

Comments

• SLB56
    SLB56 Posts: 11
    I'v just ordered these.. http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-ladies-aero ... ib-shorts/

they've not arrived yet but the men's version were reviewed in cycling + and they are well rated and i'm guessing the women's version will be similar. might be worth a look, bit out of your price range though.
  • SLB56
    SLB56 Posts: 11
    oops double post
  • ermintrude
    ermintrude Posts: 514
    Hate to have to say this because they are so expensive but Assos are my favourites by a long way, Santini and DeMarchi not bad but not in the same league as Assos
  • carrock
    carrock Posts: 1,103
    My wife has giordana tenax bibs and loves them.

Only £60 from bibble
  • Eyorerox
    Eyorerox Posts: 43
    have a look here
    http://www.primera-sports.com/products/ ... omens-758/
    wait for the occasional 15% sale
  • leedsmjh
    leedsmjh Posts: 196
    +1 for Assos if you can stomache the price. They do last lots longer than shorts I've spent ~£50-60 on. Ribble have 20% off at the mo
  • racingcondor
    racingcondor Posts: 1,434
    I've heard that Skins womens shorts are excellent (although you'll need a very athletic form to fit the bibs). Closer to £100 than £50 though.
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    Depends on the woman (shape) and how much do you want to spend. Don't wear under shorts though just overheats the undercarriage and chafes. Lots of the medium priced makes have come on loads in recent times and represent good value.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I'm disappointed that nobody has posted a photo of Assos lady here.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I'm disappointed that nobody has posted a photo of Assos lady here.