Titus FTM Carbon

gixerator
gixerator Posts: 301
edited June 2011 in Your mountain bikes
http://s1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff3 ... TUS%20FTM/

I have re shaped the original seat post collar and fitted a QR. Also buffed it to within inches of its life. It will do until On One come up with better

spec
X9 SHIFTERS, X9 FRONT MECH, X0 REAR MECH, X0 9SP CASSETTE & CHAIN,ANSWER BARS 730, HOPE M4 BRAKES, FSA MEGA LIGHT CHAINSET AND CERAMIC BB, ACROSS AI71 HEADSET, THOMPSON LAYBACK, FOX TALAS 140 RLC.MAVIC 3.1 RIMS DT SWISS 240 HUBS.

Comments

• Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    Very nice indeed, and a bargain for the frame..
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • fattrucker
    fattrucker Posts: 39
    Great looking bike ya got there . The better colour option IMO :wink: .

I was looking at getting one of these too but was put off when I heard a whisper that the the rear pivots have "bushings" instead of bearings , is this true ?

I don't suppose you've had any cause to have the rear end apart yet to check have you ?

( It's just a durability/stiction bee I have in my bonnet about bushings . That and you can easily get bearings rather than custom made bushings .)

Enjoy the ride and let us know how she goes . 8)
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    Bushings are great... very smooth and very reliable, and last for ages... and Titus will hook you up with new ones when you need them.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    Sweet. Ive got one on order, but it still hasnt arrived yet :evil: Ive been waiting for over a month!
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    My old Racer X had bushes in the Horst Link, but as they move all of 5 degrees they're often more sensible than bearings, which tend to seize due to the extremely limited range of motion.
  • fattrucker
    fattrucker Posts: 39
    joshtp wrote:
    Bushings are great... very smooth and very reliable, and last for ages... and Titus will hook you up with new ones when you need them.

Thanks for the update :cry:
    That's NOT what I wanted t hear . Just my pref but still prefer bearings .

Strike another one off the wanted list then . Ah well onwards and upwards eh chaps ?

Many happy trails t ya though still looks bloody gorgeous . :mrgreen: