Which forks do you think I should get?

samuelf
samuelf Posts: 13
edited June 2011 in MTB buying advice
Rock Shox revs rlt ti dual air or DT Swiss EXM 150?

Had the RS rlt ti dual position and not happy just got a refund after the second pair but heard the dual air is much more reliable,
Any suggestions

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Any more info for us? IE your bike, hubs, riding style, weight?
  • samuelf
    Sorry
    My frame is a pace 405 with hope 2 hubs have a 15mm axle on the front but dont mind changing that for a 20mm.
    I live in Cornwall very close to Dartmoor so lots of up and downs. Try to get to a trail center at lest once a year. I guess I ride XC/trail.
    I went for the dual position revs and they felt amazing but there was something wrong in side. It was like the bushes were worn from new lots to play and knocking.
    Im about 76kg
    Thanks
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    If this helps I have just bought a new custom build running DT XMM 140's and after running Fox in the past these are a lot better. They feel more plush and bump responsive...lighter too...the big bonus for me is the 200 hour service interval which is more than twice that of Fox and double that of RS so for me made sense....the build and quality is second to none.
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • samuelf
    Pudseyp wrote:
    If this helps I have just bought a new custom build running DT XMM 140's and after running Fox in the past these are a lot better. They feel more plush and bump responsive...lighter too...the big bonus for me is the 200 hour service interval which is more than twice that of Fox and double that of RS so for me made sense....the build and quality is second to none.

Do your xmm's have ajusterable travel like the exm?
    Thanks
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    The XMM has open, climb and full lock so basically you can compress and lock the fork with some bump resistance. The EXM has the same kind of principle though if locked you hit a large bump the fork will revert to its long travel.

Some news here
    http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/d ... 011-25856/
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !