Ribble New Sportive

guttertrash
guttertrash Posts: 147
edited June 2011 in Your road bikes
Born just a few days ago and fitted with SRAM Rival, and Fulcrum Racing 5's.

202080_10150140274269905_728719904_6284982_4866399_o.jpg
Ribble New Sportive
Specialized Pitch Pro

Comments

• Poulsy
    Poulsy Posts: 155
    Good choice. I just bought one and kitted it out with Full Ultegra, Racing 3's and Richey WCS finishing kit. Excellent VFM and rides well too.

Lose the saddlebag though and remove the horrible warning stickers from the rims :wink:

Oh and splash out on some nicer bottle cages - they do it no favours at all :D
  • guttertrash
    guttertrash Posts: 147
    I know 'fashion' says no saddle bag, but if I didnt have it I would always forget to pocket something, and it would always be the thing I needed :)

Bottle cages look bad I know, but they've just been taken off my old bike and they do the job so will replace them as and when. Not interested in shaving grams off with carbon bottle cages though.

Really happy with it so far..
    Ribble New Sportive
    Specialized Pitch Pro
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    I know 'fashion' says no saddle bag,

What ! :?: !

Is this true? So I've been riding around with a saddle bag and your telling me it's not fashionable? What am I going to do now?
  • brin
    brin Posts: 1,122
    Another nice looking steed from the 'Ribble' stable, totally concur with comments about the saddle bag tho, you can actually get smaller ones if bags are your 'thing' no need for them to be that big - unless you are carrying a spare pair of shoes and a winter jacket?
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Nowt wrong with saddle bags at all, though I prefer much smaller ones. But you take the saddle bag off for the pictures :)

You could get some specialized ribcage bottle cages for a few quid that'd match your red/black colour scheme.
    More problems but still living....
  • R8JimBob88
    R8JimBob88 Posts: 285
    Beautiful.

I have one :D
    If you do what you have always done, you will get what you always got....
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    the graphics dont look right. They forgot the first letter D.
  • marusches
    marusches Posts: 129
    rake wrote:
    the graphics dont look right. They forgot the first letter D.

quality stuff