Lock-on grips

thegiantbiker
thegiantbiker Posts: 212
edited May 2011 in MTB buying advice
Just fitted white bars (pimp!!!) and realised that they really don't go with white lock-ons (lizard skins peaty) so I want new grips.

I have large hands and have been looking at ODI Ruffians. However, the description on CRC says they're "Ideally suited for smaller hands or riders using gloves."

So, to cut to the chase, does anyone have these and/or know if they fit large hands well or not?
Big guy; small air!

Comments

• jfry94
    jfry94 Posts: 392
    How about some excel grips from superstar!

http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_ ... cts_id=437
    i second that
    :D
    2014 Giant Trance 27.5 1
    2013 Cannondale Jekyll 3
    2007 Carrera Kraken
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    I have some ODI Rogues, bought because I have large hands. I never actually tried the Ruffians though.
  • widge34
    widge34 Posts: 900
    I have the Ruffians and they are great, but i cant be much help as my hands are on the small side.
    ----
    Widge.

Bird Zero 2
    Trek Madone 3.5c H2 2013
  • thegiantbiker
    widge34 wrote:
    I have the Ruffians and they are great, but i cant be much help as my hands are on the small side.

Ok, how much spare space would you say you have on the grips?
    Big guy; small air!
  • Si1988
    Si1988 Posts: 158
    Get the superstar excels, Theyre thick and comfortable and only £11. I have a set and would happily recommend them to anyone with larger hands, the only downside is the extra bar space they take up with their length, but as you seem to have your controls fairly inwards on your bars as it is, the extra length of the excel wouldnt be a hindrance to you. Oh, and they come in some rather blingtastic combinations of grip, collar and bar-ends.
  • widge34
    widge34 Posts: 900
    widge34 wrote:

Ok, how much spare space would you say you have on the grips?

Well i would say not much.
    ----
    Widge.

Bird Zero 2
    Trek Madone 3.5c H2 2013
  • hucking_fell
    hucking_fell Posts: 1,056
    Si1988 wrote:
    Get the superstar excels, Theyre thick and comfortable...
    I don't get on with thick grips. My lock-on grips feel best when they've almost worn right down to the plastic under the rubber. I've got small hands though.
    More freerange chicken than Freeride God
    Bighit , 5 , BFe
  • davewalsh
    davewalsh Posts: 587
    I've got big hands and use Lizard Skins Northshore grips. I find them very comfortable.
  • These any good ?

prod_31823.jpg

Only £10
    130mm x 35mm
  • eztiger
    eztiger Posts: 5
    I got the red ones. I would say these would be suitable for people with big hands. Mine are small and I cant wear gloves with padding when using these grips.
    But very happy with the bling and quality of these grips for only £10!!!!
  • I just got these..

52497.jpg

Not sure if there large hand proof tho as there quite "padded"
  • thegiantbiker
    Those tokens look pretty good, I'll have to wait a bit until crc gets them with blue collars. Then I'll probably get them unless someone comes up with something better.

Doesn't need to be too huge, just as big or bigger than Lizard Skins Peatys.
    Big guy; small air!