my mrs first commute this morning

mudcow007
mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
edited June 2011 in Commuting chat
i felt strangely proud of my mrs this morning, her first commute by bike instead of car.

its only just over a mile but she hasn't been on a bike since she was a nipper or done any sort of exercise for years either
Keeping it classy since '83

Comments

• Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    * Agent57 likes this

It's crazy to commute 1 mile by car, really.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    excellent news.. but this does beg the question: Why was she was driving rather than just walking?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Yeah, who drives a mile, you can walk it in 15 minutes.

Good for her though! :D
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • freakybacon
    freakybacon Posts: 36
    All the same- well done! From small acorns giant oak trees grow! The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step!
    The beatings, horsewhippings and torture will continue until performance improves to an acceptable level. This may take some time.
  • mudcow007
    i would liken my Mrs to a cat. doesn't like cold or getting wet and loves the warmth

so cycling isn't ideal especially first thing in the morning, but with rising fuel costs an car parking etc its stupid not to ride

i give her a week until she is playing the game of which we must not speak....
  • Robstar24
    Robstar24 Posts: 173
    good on your wife, i concur that driving 1 mile is ludicrous...wish i had a 1 mile commute to work.

on holiday in scotland my wife did a 25 mile bike ride, which i felt was rather impressive given it was her first time on a bicycle in nearly 6 years.
  • essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    Chapeau!

Miss EC also completed her first 'all week' commute last week, just over 100 miles in 5 days. I was impressed.
  • mudcow007
    cheers guys, i will pass on the messages, i spoke to her earlier an she said she felt "silly" riding a bike instead of driving......

she said to me this morning, if she cycles in all month will i pay for her to get her hair done. i suppose i'm going to have too now
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    mudcow007 wrote:
    she said she felt "silly" riding a bike instead of driving......

LOL WUT? Does she live in Backwards Land? :lol:
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    mudcow007 wrote:
    she said to me this morning, if she cycles in all month will i pay for her to get her hair done. i suppose i'm going to have too now

Presumably by cycling in all month she'll have saved enough money to pay for it herself.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    mudcow007 wrote:
    cheers guys, i will pass on the messages, i spoke to her earlier an she said she felt "silly" riding a bike instead of driving......

Did you specify the hair on her head?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-5l3C_gcCg :shock:

you have to think of these things :D
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 wrote:

i think she uses an epilator (spelling) she once threatened to use it on my leg when i was annoying her.....those things are lethal!!
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,628
    mudcow007 wrote:

that will likely cost you (well) over 100 quid and perhaps slightly offset the money saved by not driving?
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    that will likely cost you (well) over 100 quid and perhaps slightly offset the money saved by not driving?

:shock:

Wow, I'm glad I'm a bloke. And have a family of hairdressers! Free haircuts are great! :lol:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    mudcow007 wrote:

without clicking the link my mind went "vajazzle"

didn't click the link
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • motopatter
    motopatter Posts: 179
    mudcow007 wrote:

I'll do it for a fiver if that helps you out. I can do grade 1 all over or random mess, your choice :D
    wave your willy here !!!! :)
  • Hot Orange
    Hot Orange Posts: 157
    mudcow007 wrote:

It was a little foolish of you to take that bet on the 31st.
    Summer: 2012 Trek Madone 3.5
    Winter: 2013 Trek Crockett 5