£2500 - £3000 to spend on a road bike.. what do you sugges

alfacorsa
alfacorsa Posts: 45
edited June 2011 in Road buying advice
I'm planning to upgrade from my Cinelli Dinamo to a full carbon bike. I mainly ride 2-3 times a week 25 mile runs in the week and 50+ on a weekend.

Ideally im looking for something that will offer comfort and get me up the hills of North Yorkshire with ease.

So far ive looked at the :

Moda Stretto
Cannondale Synapse
Cannondale Super 6
Basso Astra

Any other suggestions or advice if you own one of the above would be great.

Comments

• TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Bianchi Infinito, Specialized Roubaix or Cannondale Synapse IMHO. The Super Six is not a comfort bike.
  • glasgowbhoy
    glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
    I do like the look of that Strock Scenario.
  • greeny1
    greeny1 Posts: 106
    Do onot worry about whether it is a sportive or a reace bike, just get one you like and fits well. I have a a pro machine and heard silly things like it was too harsh a ride and its a full on race machine etc before I bought it! Yet it fits well and is extremley comfortable done a few thousand miles on it now and also done about 5 centuries and not a problem, well not with the confort of the bike anyhway. If I were you get the best looking bike at the best price point, try and find a bargain and get it fitted up correctly!
  • JRooke
    JRooke Posts: 243
    Bad question to ask here, everyone has personal favourites because everyone has only ever ridden a handfull of bikes, get down to your local bike shop and get yourself fitted on a few, see what feels the nicest.
  • Cornish-J
    Cornish-J Posts: 978
    one of the new boardman SLR's - great spec for the money and super light.
  • wyattlad
    wyattlad Posts: 67
    Why carbon, consider Ti as well e.g. Cube Litening HPT 2011.
  • w2darren
    w2darren Posts: 51
    check out van nicholas web site, they make beautiful ti bikes, they look great and the frames are guarantee for life, you can custom it yourself on there web site, good luck.
  • w2darren
    w2darren Posts: 51
    check out van nicholas web site, they make beautiful ti bikes, they look great and the frames are guarantee for life, you can custom it yourself on there web site, good luck.
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    Canyon
  • Wilier GT
    anything Van Nicolas
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Whatever looks best in your eyes and fits right As long as the fit is spot on, frame material doesn't really matter, differences are fairly subtle. I'd rather have an aluminium frame that fitted perfectly rather than a slightly off carbon one.
  • Zachariah
    Zachariah Posts: 782
    If I had that money today to spend on a bike, it would almost certainly go on a Canyon Aeroad CF (this flavour is well inside the budget)

EDIT: Though hmm, you may value comfort a lot more than me. In which case surely a nice custom TI from any of the many local builders will do nicely?
  • alfacorsa
    alfacorsa Posts: 45
    wow the canyon bike looks amazing.. never heard of them before..